cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Service for Tracking Score Changes from Changes in Card Utilization?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Service for Tracking Score Changes from Changes in Card Utilization?

What is the best service for tracking (as close to instantly as possible) real FICO score changes esp. in regards to changes in your utilization percentages?  Scorewatch? Is there a way to pay for Scorewatch using electronic bank draft? Also, is there a 30 day trial deal for it?  I thought I saw a link for a 30 day trial deal, but the link I'm looking at now shows a 10 day trial.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Best Service for Tracking Score Changes from Changes in Card Utilization?

I suppose SW is as close as you're going to get for "as instantly as possible", although do be sure to read the stickied explanation on the myFICO Product Feedback board on how often and when you can expect SW alerts. If you go with SW, be sure to set your so-called "target" score to your most recent known score. Not one point above, not one point below, not where you hope you will be one day --the moment you get a notice for a new score, go in and reset your target to that number. And remember that SW is only tracking changes on your Equifax FICO score and report, not the other two.

I don't understand the TU Quarterly Monitoring system at all Smiley Tongue, and from what I've read, you don't get alerts of changing scores; only of possible identity theft issues.

And of course, we can't even buy our Experian FICO score, much less get a monitoring service to track changes. The products at the Experian site (and elsewhere) just track changes in FAKO scores, which is pretty worthless.

Are you coming down to a deadline where you need a specific score, such as for a mortgage app? Because if not, you can just subscribe to a credit report monitoring service and track the changes on your reports. When you see that new balances post, and that therefore your util has changed, you can then just decide to buy a score.

There's a great sticky on General Credit Topics that compares the different monitoring services.

If you go with a non-FICO product, just be sure to train yourself to ignore their scores and their advice, which are FAKO. Some FAKO advice, if followed, will actually hurt your FICO's.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info...Scorewatch sounds good, I'm trying to decide whether it to buy it from this website or EQ? Does it matter? Same product, same deal? Is there a 30% Coupon code available still?  Longer trial period at EQ? Thanks again

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

wanted to bump the above questions and also I was wondering: is there a way to pay for a service(preferably Scorewatch) with electronic bank draft or paypal? Thanks

Message 4 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

I dont think you can use bank dragt, so you may want to get a prepaid gift card such as green dot from walmart than use that

Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I find it more convenient to get from this site. It's certainly not perfect here, but Equifax has had some amazing downtimes, and good luck trying to get through to their customer service. Smiley Tongue

It's the same product, so if the prices are about the same, I'd tilt toward the version from here.

Be sure to Google fico discount code coupon. You ought to be able to come up with something.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.