Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Southwest CC app strategy

tag
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Southwest CC app strategy

@jamesdwi wrote:

I am going to  be doing a lot of traveling for work and wold like to earn points so I can take my spouse somewherer special because I was away so much because of work. 

But I already have the Business one (Sole Prop.), why would I need another one if it's pretty much the same card?

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 11 of 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

because work is work, and your accountant gets pissed off when you book personal travel on the bussiness card.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lexrjSD wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

I am going to  be doing a lot of traveling for work and wold like to earn points so I can take my spouse somewherer special because I was away so much because of work. 

But I already have the Business one (Sole Prop.), why would I need another one if it's pretty much the same card?

You don't need to worry about that.  I've yet to have them ask why I want one of their cards and if they do  say you fly SW a lot.  It won't be an issue

Message 13 of 16
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

because work is work, and your accountant gets pissed off when you book personal travel on the bussiness card.  

Smiley LOL thanks for the laugh!

Amex SimplyCash 50K

Message 14 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

Balance issues dont seem to be an issue with chase once your in. Unless we are talking some maxed out ****.

Definitely keep the card open a year and chase will respect you and reward u.

Imho chase has some of the best sign up bonus cards on the market. They have to except the sign up game and they do, just closing the cards out right makes them do a double take.
Message 15 of 16
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

Approved! but not instantly, I have a combined CL of 48k with Chase, credit analyst said I could wait (up to 48hrs) to see if his manager would aproved to extend more credit or I could just realocate my CLs, which I did since 48k is way more of what I need.....and I don't want another triple pull like last time when they aproved for me Ink Plus and SW Biz.

I gotta say, I got spoiled with instant approvals and this calling in stuff is really not fun, to be fair I can't really complain, I'm 4/4 with Chase! Too bad none of their cards are really worth for me except for their bonuses...

Companion pass I'm coming for you!

thank you all for the advices!

Amex SimplyCash 50K

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.