Valued Member

Re: Best Strategy for New Barclays Card Auto CLI within 6 Months

Good luck!  keep us updated.

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Established Member

[ Edited ]

@johnstics, I definitely will for sure. I will append this thread around March or April of 2014.  If I forget just replay to this thread and it goes straight to my email as an alert. Thanks.

EQ: 685 TU: TBD
EX: TBD
Goal:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI first six months usage and payment strategy for increase?

thats what i did, went from a 500 starting to 2000 after 6 months with about the same score as yours.

Established Member

Re: Barclays CLI first six months usage and payment strategy for increase?

[ Edited ]

@wagsk1 Great!! Thats reassuring news, for sure :smileyvery-happy:

Goal:

Senior Contributor

I started with a $6500 cl. Used it for $4900 worth of bts, paid it down to $2200 by 7th statement and got an auto cli of 1200 to 7700. So it appears the high balance/high pmt ratio got me a good cli :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Member

[ Edited ]

@B335is, I have become a bit obsessive compulsive  about my credit now that I plan to use it to my advantage within the upcomming years for a mortgage and lease. I live in Philly and apartments in center city tend to focus so much on good credit that they are willing to maintain an irresponsible amount of vacancies for the sake of a "perfect" applicant. It's an absurd real estate racket.

Goal:

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Here's some nice reading that will answer all your question 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-CC-let-s-put-our-heads-together/m-p/2297693#M64...

+ Chase Ink =

Established Member

@myjourney, Awesome!! Will read!:smileyhappy:

Goal:

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

10243406 wrote:

@myjourney, Awesome!! Will read!:smileyhappy:

What we found was a lot of patterns as to who they gave auto luv too

Good luck :smileyhappy:

+ Chase Ink =

Established Member

[ Edited ]

In the end, I don't think I will ever go over 20% ( Current is 1%) in terms of utilization. I have spent my life maxing out cards and paying them in full which didn't help my credit score at all. Ever since I stuck with the <7% route, with an AAoA of at least 7rs, my credit has been jumping through the roof and I like to keep it that way. 

Goal:

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.