Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Student Credit Card

tag
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

Best Student Credit Card

Hi,

My DW is a junior in college and new to credit. In the past 2 months she was able to open a cap1 ($300 limit) and Discover student card ($500 limit after going back and forth for 2 months sending verification that she's actually in college). She's curious as to what people recommend as her 3rd and final card before she starts to let them age.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Student Credit Card

She could try for the Citi Forward Student Card. It is pretty nice for me so far. I love it!

Message 2 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@AtlantaWill30339 wrote:

Hi,

My DW is a junior in college and new to credit. In the past 2 months she was able to open a cap1 ($300 limit) and Discover student card ($500 limit after going back and forth for 2 months sending verification that she's actually in college). She's curious as to what people recommend as her 3rd and final card before she starts to let them age.

Thanks

Capital One was a big mistake.  Discover was rebound.  Make an AMEX card the Encore. 

Message 3 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I think she should let these age for 6 months.   It will be easier to get the next card.   I think Cap 1 was a good choice, better than discover.

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Amex Zync or Citi Forward is what I would get for 3rd, probably Amex as first choice.

But depending on score or what credit if any she had before getting the other 2, I would wait 6 months and then apply.

Message 5 of 9
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

Thanks everyone for the advice. She's going to wait 6 months before applying for anything else. She has her eyes on Amex. It was a miracle cap1 and Discover approved her--she literally didn't have a credit score prior to app'ing

Message 6 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Have you considered adding her as AU to some of your accounts so she can get a boost on her credit profile? Citi Forward is definitley a good card. So is Amex Zync.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 8 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

TayciBear!

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu.  If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.  

Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.