Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Travel CC w/ no fee

tag
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Best Travel CC w/ no fee

What are some of the better travel reward CC out there, specifcally with no annual fee. I've looked around and only card I could find so far is the Barclay Arrival no AF version. with just 2x points on travel.

Are there any other ones out there with better points for flights? Also I'm assuming all the cards the waive/pay back baggage fees are the cards with fees. 

I don't travel that often, maybe once a year sometimes not at all, but when I do, would be nice to get decent rewards for it, seeing as they are usualy larger purchases.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Travel CC w/ no fee

Lots of threads around here that have discussed this issue in depth.

The basic problem with actual points cards is either an AF to overcome, or else needing to get to some high threshold like 25K points before redeeming in a travel context.  If the points (like Amex MR ones) are redeemed for gift cards, then you might get 1% out of them.

For the occasional traveler, these are obstacles, and it might be that a non-travel card like the Fidelity Amex 2% one is a better choice.

Message 2 of 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Best Travel CC w/ no fee

@user5387 wrote:

Lots of threads around here that have discussed this issue in depth.

The basic problem with actual points cards is either an AF to overcome, or else needing to get to some high threshold like 25K points before redeeming in a travel context.  If the points (like Amex MR ones) are redeemed for gift cards, then you might get 1% out of them.

For the occasional traveler, these are obstacles, and it might be that a non-travel card like the Fidelity Amex 2% one is a better choice.

+1.

Another thing to consider is don't always be put off by AFs.   If even once every two years you fly somewhere with your family, and need to check a lot of luggage, it might be worthwhile going for the right airline card just for that year.  Sometimes the fee is waived the first year anyway.  This needs a little advance planning but can be worthwhile.   

And then focus your "real" credit card selection on a cashback card that rewards your particular spending patterns.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.