Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Travel Card w/Annual Fee

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Best Travel Card w/Annual Fee

Should I get an AMEX Platinum, Citi Prestige, Diner's Club, or another? Also, which card gives most airport lounge access? Annual Fee is not an issue for me just looking for the best benefits and sign-up bonus.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Best Travel Card w/Annual Fee

I'd do the Amex Platinum. But if you're looking for lounge access and fly one carrier. Get their top card. 

Message 2 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Amex Platinum and Citi Prestige allows Priority Pass access. That's an additional 600+ lounges. Ritz Carlton has some lounge access and also give $300 in airline fee credit and you don't have to be loyal to a single airline to get the $300 credit, unlike the Amex Platinum.

Message 3 of 9
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@revjamesl wrote:

Should I get an AMEX Platinum, Citi Prestige, Diner's Club, or another? Also, which card gives most airport lounge access? Annual Fee is not an issue for me just looking for the best benefits and sign-up bonus.

IMO, revised Citi Prestige Card (after 10/19/2014)

+'s

1. Admiral lounge Access

2. Priority Pass lounge Access

3. 4th night complimentary hotel room 

4. $250 airline statement credit, which now includes purchase price of plane ticket

5. 3 TYP on airfare, Hotels, Travel Agencies

6. 2 TYP on dining and Entertainment

Message 4 of 9
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Bookmarked

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 5 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

I agree with L-TWT. Before 10/19 I wouldn't have suggested the Citi Prestige.
Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
I agree with L-TWT. Before 10/19 I wouldn't have suggested the Citi Prestige.

It depends on your usage I guess.  Getting rid of flight points is, to some, a huge negative.  With the right balance between flights and other purchases, and used to purchase AA flights, the card gave 3.2c per $ on uncategorized spend.

Message 7 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I thought it would be CSP. But I understand that CSP does not give you any airport lounge access, which is not OP looking for.

Message 8 of 9
davidsawsparks
Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

@revjamesl wrote:

IMO, revised Citi Prestige Card (after 10/19/2014)

+'s

1. Admiral lounge Access

2. Priority Pass lounge Access

3. 4th night complimentary hotel room 

4. $250 airline statement credit, which now includes purchase price of plane ticket

5. 3 TYP on airfare, Hotels, Travel Agencies

6. 2 TYP on dining and Entertainment

If you play golf, Citi Prestige gives you 3 complimentary rounds of golf a year. From what I've read, the 4th complimentary night is at ANY hotel and could be used as often as you want. That used twice is already the cost of the annual fee.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.