Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Travel Credit card

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Travel Credit card

@wasCB14 wrote:

Would Travelite qualify (though the bag savings would be limited to $100 per year) if it opened to new apps?

I don't know the card well, and could easily be mistaken.

Given the record of retention offers on Aviator Red, there is a reasonable chance that could effectively have a $0 AF.

+1, also the reason I jumped on apping to get the card, b/c it had the up to $100 annual free baggage benefit, and coupled with no AF as well.  Unfortunate in mho that FNBO didn't keep it open to new apps just a little bit longer, as I'm sure there are a very large number of potential customers who would be interested in apping, if it were hypothetically still open to new apps...

Message 11 of 13
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know that much about travel cards at all yet but Amex just tryed to get me to app for a gold delta skymiles, I didn't even though it comes with 60000 miles 0 anual fee the firt year then like most 95 after, the the benefits sound amazing coming from the csr

That CSR deserves a raise.  Delta Gold has your average airline card benefits, nothing special about it.

Message 12 of 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Would Travelite qualify (though the bag savings would be limited to $100 per year) if it opened to new apps?

I don't know the card well, and could easily be mistaken.

Given the record of retention offers on Aviator Red, there is a reasonable chance that could effectively have a $0 AF.

+1, also the reason I jumped on apping to get the card, b/c it had the up to $100 annual free baggage benefit, and coupled with no AF as well.  Unfortunate in mho that FNBO didn't keep it open to new apps just a little bit longer, as I'm sure there are a very large number of potential customers who would be interested in apping, if it were hypothetically still open to new apps...

After a little more research, it sounds like it's not entirely closed to new apps...it's just invitation-only.

No idea if there's a way to improve the odds of a getting an invite.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.