Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way To Get In With Bill Me Later?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Best Way To Get In With Bill Me Later?

I tried to get Bill Me Later about 6-8 months ago and it was kind of a fiasco, but i got declined apparently and got the inquiry removed because it jsut kept giving me an error checking out and never said i was actually declined ever.

Anyway, Id like to have it since it doesnt report and I like to buy my computer and camera gear online and pay it off over time. My utilization on my Barclays card is always high because I use it for big purchases because its my biggest limit....

Is it best to apply directly on billmelater.com or when checking out with a small, cheap item or just go for what you really want? ($1500 camera, haha)

Last time i tried on a $1000 computer monitor and it didnt work so im wondering if id of been approved for at least the credit line, albeit small to begin with, if i had gone with some minimal purchase as opposed to a big one?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonDawg
Contributor

Re: Best Way To Get In With Bill Me Later?

@shane82388 wrote:

I tried to get Bill Me Later about 6-8 months ago and it was kind of a fiasco, but i got declined apparently and got the inquiry removed because it jsut kept giving me an error checking out and never said i was actually declined ever.

Anyway, Id like to have it since it doesnt report and I like to buy my computer and camera gear online and pay it off over time. My utilization on my Barclays card is always high because I use it for big purchases because its my biggest limit....

Is it best to apply directly on billmelater.com or when checking out with a small, cheap item or just go for what you really want? ($1500 camera, haha)

Last time i tried on a $1000 computer monitor and it didnt work so im wondering if id of been approved for at least the credit line, albeit small to begin with, if i had gone with some minimal purchase as opposed to a big one?

You should try giving them a call and see what is hanging up your approval.. I got this number from their site.

1-866-528-3733

Let me know how it goes.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 2 of 7
shane82388
Established Contributor

I did...? That whole thing was settled 6-8 months ago...im not revisiting the prospect of opening an account...I got the inquiry removed.

Message 3 of 7
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I was just approved couple weeks ago. Decided to buy furniture from Overstock.com and applied for a Bill Me Later account and got approved for $1015. Item was $220 that i charged. They did a hard pull on EQ for approval. It's nice that the tradeline is hidden. I've been dealing with Web Bank for years with Dell and that trade line reports. All credit limit increases are soft pulls too. If you reach your limit just charge something anyways and the system will either deny you or approve you for a new limit. mine's all maxed out except for $15 now since i charged 2 Wii U's on it from Wal-Mart the other night.

It's a really good thing because the finance offers are great. we got 6 months no payments and no interest if paid in full within those 6 months.

Message 4 of 7
shane82388
Established Contributor

What were your scores when you got approved?

Also, what were your utilization and inquiries, etc?

Message 5 of 7
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Hope this helps...i tried my best to keep my stuff low so i didn't get denied.

Name of Company Date of Inquiry

CAP1/BEST BUY/HSBC 11/25/11
CHASE BANK USA N.A 12/14/11
CITIBANK NA 04/16/12
WEBBANK/BML 11/11/12

So i had 3 at time of approval. I have 4 30 day late's on my credit but they are 4 years ago. No BK's. EQ FICO score was around 710-720.

Length of Credit History 7 Years, 2 Months
Average Account Age 3 Years, 10 Months
Oldest Account CAPITAL ONE BANK USA (Opened 09/28/2005)
Most Recent Account BARCLAYS BANK DELAWA (Opened 11/04/2012)

Credit Card Limits$21,500
 Credit Card Utilization Rate

13%

Message 6 of 7
shane82388
Established Contributor

Bill Me Later always pulls Equifax, correct?

My current Equifax score is 666 according to myfico.com and is rated "Good"

My utilization on creditkarma.com is 61% (Transunion, not sure about Equifax...)

I believe i have 1-2 inquiries on Equifax....Orchard bank from May 2011 and one for Comcast that is supposed to be removed, but im not usre if it has been yet.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.