Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Apply For Bill Me Later?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Best Way to Apply For Bill Me Later?

Is it best to apply for BML through Paypal or Ebay or Newegg or directly from BML? I have 2 Paypal accts and one of them is linked to my Paypal MC. Every single time I try to make an online purchase it's flagged for fraud and im sick and tired of calling Synchrony every single time I try to use the stupid thing.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anf_dude
Contributor

Re: Best Way to Apply For Bill Me Later?

I applied via an email link. Just asked for last 4 of my social and bday everything else was pre filled. Instant approval.
Message 2 of 13
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I applied for it straight. Meaning, it wasn't when I was purchasing something. I saw the ad somewhere...probably on Paypal itself or Ebay. Instantly approved for 1,004.

Message 3 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

So it probably doesn't matter which way I apply for it?
Message 4 of 13
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
So it probably doesn't matter which way I apply for it?

I believe I read somewhere on here that applying when purchasing something only gives you a little more than the amount of your purchase. DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT THOUGH. It could very well be,  like everything else, you get the limit and terms solely based upon your creditworthiness. If that is the case, then it wouldn't matter where you applied. I haven't seen any huge credit limits(more than 2,000) upon approval anyways.

Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

doesn't matter it doesn't seem.

Message 6 of 13
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

I have received several auto CLIs, my limit is now $5K.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 7 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

If I have Paypal MC linked to 1 Paypal acct can I apply for BML for my other Paypal acct? They have different email addresses.
Message 8 of 13
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

I have received several auto CLIs, my limit is now $5K.

If you don't mind me asking...what's your starting CL? How often do you use the card? How often were the autos?

Message 9 of 13
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
If I have Paypal MC linked to 1 Paypal acct can I apply for BML for my other Paypal acct? They have different email addresses.

Yup.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.