Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to pay down CC's ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Way to pay down CC's ??

Hey all -- so I have an extra $5500 cash to put towards CC balances.  I have $130k in total credit, about $15,000 in CC debt, mostly on 0% APR cards for home renovations -- some are about to expire and go up to 16-20% APRs.  Here's my question -- best way to pay down the below for MAX SCORE Bump:

Amex:  $2,322 / $7,700  (Intro Offer)   -- 30% UTIL

USAA Rewards:  $5,055 / $7,000 (No 0% APR, 16% APR)  -- 74% UTIL

Cap1 V1:  $3,000 / $6,000 (0% APR offer) -- 50% UTIL

Chase VISA Sig:  $4,990 / $7500 --      66% UTIL

Now before the question is even asked -- I have MANY Cards at $0 balance, and a few with under 15% UTIL.  So, is it best to take the $5500 and pay down one of the higher balance cards in full to bring it to $0, or blanket the payments across the above 4 cards to bring down each balance by a certain % for now?  I think the 66% and 74% Util are hurting the most, so I'm unsure what my best course of action here is.  My EQ seems toi be affected the most by UTIL spikes or UTIL in general -- my EQ score is 40 pts lower than the other 2 and always has been considerably lower:  EXP  688  TU 686  EQ 648.  

Any contructive advice is welcome here in terms of best course of action for the above to maximize score bump for UTIL paydown.  Thank you !! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Way to pay down CC's ??

Since so many consider usaa one of the best, pay it off and call in for BT offers or loan, or LOC to pay off chase. It's sort of a gamble that they will give you what you want but it's possible.

The proper advice just ask yourself do you want to save money or do you just want your score to 700 asap The methods to do so are not the same. Ive had over 780scores but was drowning in debt because of Interest that's how I got chargeoffs. bad moves.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Way to pay down CC's ??

Pay Chase and USAA down.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.