Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to use ONE HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Way to use ONE HP?

Will chase or any other company use one inquiry to get 2 cards and then combine them?

for example could one app for a chase freedom and CSP using one credit inquiry. Use them for 2 months to get both bonuses and then combine the 2 card limits into either one?

or how about discover it and discover miles? Looking to see what the best bang for your buck is?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Way to use ONE HP?

@Anonymous wrote:

Will chase or any other company use one inquiry to get 2 cards and then combine them?

for example could one app for a chase freedom and CSP using one credit inquiry. Use them for 2 months to get both bonuses and then combine the 2 card limits into either one?

or how about discover it and discover miles? Looking to see what the best bang for your buck is?

Anecdotally, some members here have got two Chase cards on the same day with one HP. However if you're unlucky you may attract two HPs for one card too Smiley Happy

Not sure about Discover.

However, refer to another thread here; Chase can also do a CLD if you combine limits too early or are perceived to be a bonus-chaser.

Weigh your risks and rewards appropriately.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I could call in and ask for there to be one credit pull and do the app over the phone?
Message 3 of 11
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you think I could call in and ask for there to be one credit pull and do the app over the phone?

No.

It has to be automatic (i.e. don't let the reps / analysts know what you're doing). 

However, I'll still wait for more experienced users to comment on this one.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anecdotally, some members here have got two Chase cards on the same day with one HP.

*raises hand*

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have? How?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You have? How?

Not sure. It's just the way they did it for me. I did two rounds of shotgun apps with Chase and my last one was a single. I'm pretty sure I haven't hit my exposure limit yet, but I don't think i'm far off either.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you do online back to back?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you do online back to back?

SW & CSP Back to back online, Both instant approvals. One EX HP.

Freedom in branch, Marriott online within an hour of each other. Both instant approvals. One EX HP.

Ritz Carlton online, instant approval. One EX HP (I stopped here as I didn't wanna risk getting shut down so soon, lol)

All 5 within a 2 month span.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet.my ex is the highest with a score around 715. So Freedom and CSP I can do back to back and hope for one pull

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.