Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best airport experience card

tag
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Best airport experience card

I see lot of people getting into Delta i live in Nj where they dont have any club or special area at the near airport.

What is the card with the best experience at the airport
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best airport experience card

Amex Platinum

Message 2 of 32
wachme
Contributor

EWR is United's hub so you may want to look into one of their Chase cards.
Message 3 of 32
Berk
Established Contributor

@juniornj23 wrote:
I see lot of people getting into Delta i live in Nj where they dont have any club or special area at the near airport.

That question will lead to pureley subjective answers. "Best experience" is going to be different for different people. Are you talking about cards that let you earn points that you can then redeem for travel or are you talking lounge access? If points for miles that depends on whether or not you are tied to a specific airling, how you shop, what kind of redemption value you are looking for, etc. If lounge access, most would probably suggest the Amex Plat. card.

Message 4 of 32
Open123
Super Contributor

If your home airport or if you fly frequently to one of their lounges, the Amex Centurion lounge is far and away the nicest domestically.  It isn't even close.

Other domestic lounges are all underwhelming.  Just pick the lounge associated with the carrier you fly most with.  For instance, if it's AA, choose Admirals club/Prestige.  If it's Delta, choose Amex Plat/DL Reserve.  If it's UA, pick UA Club/Mileage Plus (2 passes, but use these in intl lounges) card.  Or, pick the most convenient.  All domestic airline lounges offer the same bland lackluster experience.

PS - Exceptions would be UA GS or AA Flagship lounges (still, Amex lounge is nicer, in my view), but no card or pass will gain access to those.

Message 5 of 32
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@wachme wrote:
EWR is United's hub so you may want to look into one of their Chase cards.

exactly!! plus AA got their presence here too so OP might wanna look into that as well

Message 6 of 32
Berk
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

If your home airport or if you fly frequently to one of their lounges, the Amex Centurion lounge is far and away the nicest domestically.  It isn't even close.

Other domestic lounges are all underwhelming.  Just pick the lounge associated with the carrier you fly most with.  For instance, if it's AA, choose Admirals club/Prestige.  If it's Delta, choose Amex Plat/DL Reserve.  If it's UA, pick UA Club/Mileage Plus (2 passes, but use these in intl lounges) card.  Or, pick the most convenient.  All domestic airline lounges offer the same bland lackluster experience.

PS - Exceptions would be UA GS or AA Flagship lounges (still, Amex lounge is nicer, in my view), but no card or pass will gain access to those.

It depends on your expectations. I like the fact that I don't have to sit in a terminal between flights. I like the peace and quiet. I like being able to get work done with half decent Internet speeds. I like the bar. The food isn't the greatest but it could be worse. Yes, Centurion lounges are the best I agree but for day-to-day travel the airline lounges sure do beat the alternative.

Message 7 of 32
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Or if Delta ... the Amex Plat, more flexability and non-Delta benefits

Message 8 of 32
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@juniornj23 wrote:

I'm reasonably sure that the card which will get you into the most places at airports is the Amex Platinum.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 32
Open123
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@juniornj23 wrote:

I'm reasonably sure that the card which will get you into the most places at airports is the Amex Platinum.

The Amex Plat offers access to Delta lounges, so long as you have a DL boarding pass; however, you can access the Centurion Lounge/Prioroty Pass clubs with a boarding pass from any Airline.

Where Admirals Club is better is their allowing access up to 8 hours (?) even after a flight has landed, whereas the Centurion Lounges/DL (?) does not.  So, let's say, I'm landing in ORD at 6 am, it's nice to hangout at the Admirals Club for a few hours before heading into the city.

Without question, if one's home airport has a Centurion lounge or if one often frequents destinations with one, the Amex Plat is far and away the best option for lounges.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.