Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best airport experience card

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Best airport experience card

@juniornj23 wrote:
I see lot of people getting into Delta i live in Nj where they dont have any club or special area at the near airport.

What is the card with the best experience at the airport

There is no one answer here. The answer comes down to what airline you fly. The Amex plat card isn't very good for most people, unless you are going to frequent an airport with a centurion lounge or you are always flying delta. If you fly AA all the time then I would recommend the prestige. It gives free admiral's club access when you are flying the same day on AA and it gives PP access for lounges all over the world. There are also a number of other benefits. If you are a hard core united lflyer then maybe a united club card. If you are usually going to be in a terminal with an AA lounge but you are not going to be flying AA then the citi AA exec could make sense because it gives you access even if you arent flying AA that day. There are cards such as the citi AA plat and united explorer that will give you priority boarding, free checked bag, miles rebate on redemtpions etc. If you check your bags these types of cards can save a lot of money over time. Presitge and plat will give you a globa entry/TSA credit so you can signup for those services for free which if you have not already will drastically increase your airport experience. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 32
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@juniornj23 wrote:
I see lot of people getting into Delta i live in Nj where they dont have any club or special area at the near airport.

I'm reasonably sure that the card which will get you into the most places at airports is the Amex Platinum.

The Amex Plat offers access to Delta lounges, so long as you have a DL boarding pass; however, you can access the Centurion Lounge/Prioroty Pass clubs with a boarding pass from any Airline.

Where Admirals Club is better is their allowing access up to 8 hours (?) even after a flight has landed, whereas the Centurion Lounges/DL (?) does not.  So, let's say, I'm landing in ORD at 6 am, it's nice to hangout at the Admirals Club for a few hours before heading into the city.

Without question, if one's home airport has a Centurion lounge or if one often frequents destinations with one, the Amex Plat is far and away the best option for lounges.

I've been admitted to Centurion even after reaching my final destination. I asked if it was a problem and the clerk only cared that I had a same-day boarding pass.

The fact that it was for a flight that had already landed didn't matter.

"Best" is definitely dependent on someone's particular routes/airlines/elite status/need for guest access.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 32
Open123
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@juniornj23 wrote:

I'm reasonably sure that the card which will get you into the most places at airports is the Amex Platinum.

The Amex Plat offers access to Delta lounges, so long as you have a DL boarding pass; however, you can access the Centurion Lounge/Prioroty Pass clubs with a boarding pass from any Airline.

Where Admirals Club is better is their allowing access up to 8 hours (?) even after a flight has landed, whereas the Centurion Lounges/DL (?) does not.  So, let's say, I'm landing in ORD at 6 am, it's nice to hangout at the Admirals Club for a few hours before heading into the city.

Without question, if one's home airport has a Centurion lounge or if one often frequents destinations with one, the Amex Plat is far and away the best option for lounges.

I've been admitted to Centurion even after reaching my final destination. I asked if it was a problem and the clerk only cared that I had a same-day boarding pass.

"Best" is definitely dependent on someone's particular routes and airlines.

Good to know, didn't realize this!

Message 13 of 32
red259
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@juniornj23 wrote:

"Best" is definitely dependent on someone's particular routes and airlines - as well as the importance of guest access.

Interesting. The only time I tried to use a lounge upon arrival at a final destination is when I am flying an airline that has a dedicated arrivals lounge. The again upon landing I usually want to get home or to my hotel as quickly as possible. For someone flying in on a day trip who would like to wash up before a meeting etc I can see this being an excellent option.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 32
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Well i guess is united by chase since this is the one family use more
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't even know airport lounges existed until maybe 3 months ago, so for now I am still in the honeymoon phase where common Delta lounges are still a dream, compared to having to sit out in the dirty, noisey, uncomfortable terminals waiting for my flights.

That being said, looking at the numbers it seems like the Amex Platinum offers the most flexibility on lounge access. Citi Prestige would likely be a close 2nd place, then perhaps something from Chase?

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum for Delta plus gets you into Centurion.
Message 17 of 32
ddemari
Super Contributor

I like united club. I was even more impressed when I didn't have my card at my last airport visit and via the United app, I could scan my club card which I found to be awesome. And where I fly out at Ohare they have 3 United clubs. I've never been in the delta lounge before.
Message 18 of 32
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex Platinum for Delta plus gets you into Centurion.

Don't forget Priority Pass with Amex Plat as well. Club access all over the globe.

Message 19 of 32
juniornj23
Established Contributor

So can i uses centurion in unidet club
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.