cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best all around credit card for someone with newer credit?

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Best all around credit card for someone with newer credit?

@DI wrote:
I don't recall Cap 1 needing to accept TARP money from the government. They obviously doing something right. 

@DI wrote:
Actually Cap 1 did use the TARP money buy selling some of its shares,and later bought them back.

Better to be wrong than to contradict yourself.

Now I will have to research the matter.  Smiley Sad

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-13-2009 03:28 PM
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must be wrong. I thought Cap 1 took over Chevy Chase after getting TARP. I also thought PNC took over Nat City after TARP. Oh well it's hard to keep track. I'm pretty certain though Citi wanted to buy a jet. Wells Fargo wanted to party in Vegas. But not sure if that was before or after they bought Wachovua and B of A did something in China.
Message 12 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I must be wrong. I thought Cap 1 took over Chevy Chase after getting TARP. I also thought PNC took over Nat City after TARP. Oh well it's hard to keep track. I'm pretty certain though Citi wanted to buy a jet. Wells Fargo wanted to party in Vegas. But not sure if that was before or after they bought Wachovua and B of A did something in China.

Wells Fargo didn't want TARP money at all. They were held hostage in a conference room until they agreed to accept. This is established fact.

Message 13 of 14
iBkickinit
Valued Member

Would I do better to just get the lowes and macy's card now, bringing down my AAOA and adding two new inquiries, but also adding to my total credit picture..?  Or do I wait for the 1yr B-Day on my cards and then app to Alliant and Cap-One?
FICO 9-14-08: TU: 584 / EX:622 / EQ: 599
FICO 1-15-10: TU: 711 / EQ: 709
Goal: 800 Club!!!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.