cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best & Hard to Get Cards to Add on Wish List?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Best & Hard to Get Cards to Add on Wish List?

My absolute wishlist card is a simmons first card, just so I can say I have one. Granted to 98% of the world that means nothing, but to the people on myfico it's a great achievment.

As far as what we should recommend for you...based on the information we got (lol) here are my recommendations.....

1. Citi Prestige
2. Ritz Carlton Rewards
3. Amex Platinum
4. Delta Reserve
5. Citi AAdvantage Executive
6. United Club Card
7. Blue Cash Preferred
8. Amex Everyday Preferred
9. Citi Premier
10. Chase Sapphire Preferred

Give us more info. =] Do you like to travel? Do you just want cash back? Are you affiliated with any travel rewards programs already (hotels, airlines). Do you just book the cheapest rate you can find, regardless of airline/hotel brand?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
My absolute wishlist card is a simmons first card, just so I can say I have one. Granted to 98% of the world that means nothing, but to the people on myfico it's a great achievment.

As far as what we should recommend for you...based on the information we got (lol) here are my recommendations.....

1. Citi Prestige
2. Ritz Carlton Rewards
3. Amex Platinum
4. Delta Reserve
6. United Club Card
7. Blue Cash Preferred
9. Citi Premier

Give us more info. =] Do you like to travel? Do you just want cash back? Are you affiliated with any travel rewards programs already (hotels, airlines). Do you just book the cheapest rate you can find, regardless of airline/hotel brand?

I like the Amex platinum but I always wondered is it really a "hard card to get". Many people on here say all charge cards have the Same criteria so if you can get a green card you can get the platinum etc. I don't know that always sounded weird to me, but I wonder if there's any truth to that. I would assume Amex has ranks on their charge card that corresponds to ones credit profile at the very least and of course their willingness to pay the AF Lol

Message 12 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Their difficulty to get is subjective. I'm just throwing out all the most expensive cards I can think of since we got no info on wants/needs/credit profile. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

I know it may sound crazy but I really want the Sam's Club Mastercard...can't wait until my profile and scores support my want.

It doesn't sounded crazy at all, I absolutely love my SAMs Club MasterCard, I've used the travel membership and saved on hotels, I'm getting a check next month for annual usage, I get 3% for restaurant spending.  It works very well for me and I have the Amex's, Discover Chase, Wells Fargo, etc and I still reach for my SAMs Club MC, lol!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

I know it may sound crazy but I really want the Sam's Club Mastercard...can't wait until my profile and scores support my want.

It doesn't sounded crazy at all, I absolutely love my SAMs Club MasterCard, I've used the travel membership and saved on hotels, I'm getting a check next month for annual usage, I get 3% for restaurant spending.  It works very well for me and I have the Amex's, Discover Chase, Wells Fargo, etc and I still reach for my SAMs Club MC, lol!

Would it be worth it to get a Sam's Club card if I have a Sallie Mae and AARP Card? Seems like both of those cards offer similar rewards.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

1. Citi Prestige
2. Ritz Carlton Rewards
3. Amex Platinum
4. Delta Reserve
6. United Club Card
7. Blue Cash Preferred
9. Citi Premier

I travel about 1-3 times a year and mainly use American AIrlines. I got promoted to Gold status but not a credit card it's just travel member card. I don't usually booked the cheapest options, I consider quality and value. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.