Valued Contributor
Gunnar419

Best approach for Chase Amazon CLI?

I'm coming up on the three-year anniversary of my Chase Amazon card. I was approved in 2010 for $1,700 and there it has sat ever since. They've never auto-CLI'd me and I've never asked for a CLI from them. I use the card moderately but tend to keep a balance on most months. I know from other threads that Chase is notorious for being stingy with auto-CLIs and equally notorious for insisting on HPs when customers initiate a CLI. I absolutely don't want an HP. So what's the best strategy for getting a CLI? My scores are all above 700 and I have two ccs with CLs above $10k. Utilization around 20%. I have no baddies, just two recent inquiries.
Valued Contributor
afbar1114

Re: Best approach for Chase Amazon CLI?

I think with chase you can leave the amount blank and they will see what comes back and then if you don't like it recon. It is a HP though. I got a $1000 CLI on a recon once I asked for $500 but the gave me more 

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

You should be fine since you have had it for three years and have no recently opened accounts. All credit limit increases are a hard inquiry if you request them, but some people contacted the executive office to request an increase with a soft inquiriy done.

Valued Contributor
Gunnar419

Thanks for the answers! I should clarify: I have no baddies as in late pays, collections, etc. But I do have those two recent inquiries, and both resulted in new credit within the last couple of month. So if it comes down to having to ask for a CLI, I'll wait a few months at least. I was sort of hoping that after three years of solid good history without a CLI, they might just give me one. The tip about going to their EO and seeing if I can get an SP will come in handy.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}