Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approach for Chase Amazon CLI?

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Best approach for Chase Amazon CLI?

I'm coming up on the three-year anniversary of my Chase Amazon card. I was approved in 2010 for $1,700 and there it has sat ever since. They've never auto-CLI'd me and I've never asked for a CLI from them. I use the card moderately but tend to keep a balance on most months. I know from other threads that Chase is notorious for being stingy with auto-CLIs and equally notorious for insisting on HPs when customers initiate a CLI. I absolutely don't want an HP. So what's the best strategy for getting a CLI? My scores are all above 700 and I have two ccs with CLs above $10k. Utilization around 20%. I have no baddies, just two recent inquiries.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Best approach for Chase Amazon CLI?

I think with chase you can leave the amount blank and they will see what comes back and then if you don't like it recon. It is a HP though. I got a $1000 CLI on a recon once I asked for $500 but the gave me more 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

You should be fine since you have had it for three years and have no recently opened accounts. All credit limit increases are a hard inquiry if you request them, but some people contacted the executive office to request an increase with a soft inquiriy done.

Message 3 of 4
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the answers! I should clarify: I have no baddies as in late pays, collections, etc. But I do have those two recent inquiries, and both resulted in new credit within the last couple of month. So if it comes down to having to ask for a CLI, I'll wait a few months at least. I was sort of hoping that after three years of solid good history without a CLI, they might just give me one. The tip about going to their EO and seeing if I can get an SP will come in handy.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.