Valued Contributor
nyccc2

Best backdoor # for Amex?

They just posted an old closed account from 1980 or so, as far as I can see it was closed with $1k balance but no lates listed and it simply says 'closed due to inactivity'.

I'd love to see if i can re-instate it if it has a balance by paying and if it doesn't by requesting.  I *think* the account gave me a 16 point bump (a few days after I got the bump, Credit Alert said the only two items that day were a balance increase and an open card reporting as lost (true) which lowered avail credit a bit) and I'd imagine as an OPEN 28 year old account I'd be golden...

MyFico Scores (TU/Exp/Efx):

11/02/08 696 / 695/ 737- 5/4/08: 667 / 703 / 668 - 11/07 Low 500s All (Fako)
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: Best backdoor # for Amex?

You dont have to worry about opening the old closed account. Even if you open a new account with Amex, you can ask them to back date the card from the day you were member, as long as they can verify you have been a member then.
Valued Contributor
nyccc2

Re: Best backdoor # for Amex?

Thanks, so two questions on Amex;

1) Whom do they pull in NYC?

2) Can you verify before activiation/application that they will do so (re-age)?

3) Since they do income verification/etc. if I explain I am going back to work after 3 year hiatus (sick dad) will they take that into account?

I don't really care about CL, or if it is charge, I just want the 25 year account...

MyFico Scores (TU/Exp/Efx):

11/02/08 696 / 695/ 737- 5/4/08: 667 / 703 / 668 - 11/07 Low 500s All (Fako)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+