Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best backdoor # for Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best backdoor # for Amex?

They just posted an old closed account from 1980 or so, as far as I can see it was closed with $1k balance but no lates listed and it simply says 'closed due to inactivity'.

I'd love to see if i can re-instate it if it has a balance by paying and if it doesn't by requesting.  I *think* the account gave me a 16 point bump (a few days after I got the bump, Credit Alert said the only two items that day were a balance increase and an open card reporting as lost (true) which lowered avail credit a bit) and I'd imagine as an OPEN 28 year old account I'd be golden...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Best backdoor # for Amex?

You dont have to worry about opening the old closed account. Even if you open a new account with Amex, you can ask them to back date the card from the day you were member, as long as they can verify you have been a member then.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best backdoor # for Amex?

Thanks, so two questions on Amex;

1) Whom do they pull in NYC?

2) Can you verify before activiation/application that they will do so (re-age)?

3) Since they do income verification/etc. if I explain I am going back to work after 3 year hiatus (sick dad) will they take that into account?

I don't really care about CL, or if it is charge, I just want the 25 year account...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.