cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best balance transfer Card besides Chase Slate?

tag
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Best balance transfer Card besides Chase Slate?

I'm looking for  a card similar to Chase Slate - $0 transfer fee within first 60 days, 15 months 0% APR, no annual fee.

Does anybody know about any cards good for balance transfer?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best balance transfer Card besides Chase Slate?

I know the Discover It and AMEX EveryDay card offer 15 months at 0%

Message 2 of 15
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Don't believe there's another card that offers all those things.
Message 3 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Message 4 of 15
Guinness
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Question knowing how much Amex hates balances do you think its a good idea to do a balance transfer to the Everyday?  I am also looking for a good BT card and already have the Everyday with the offer but hesitant to do a BT... TIA

Message 5 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Question knowing how much Amex hates balances do you think its a good idea to do a balance transfer to the Everyday?  I am also looking for a good BT card and already have the Everyday with the offer but hesitant to do a BT... TIA

Think you been over reading. Far from truth that amex hates balances. i always had balance on my amex and i created thread on that a few months back. and almost every one at least the ones that had a balance. got their cli's and no issue what so ever. in the days when they had only charge cards. maybe true. but now. no way. and even their charge cards have the option to carry balance. so yes. it is a good card. the everyday that is. but the edp is even better in the rewards dept. i beleive 30 swipes per month will get you and extra 20 percent in rewards.

Message 6 of 15
Guinness
Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Think you been over reading. Far from truth that amex hates balances. i always had balance on my amex and i created thread on that a few months back. and almost every one at least the ones that had a balance. got their cli's and no issue what so ever. in the days when they had only charge cards. maybe true. but now. no way. and even their charge cards have the option to carry balance. so yes. it is a good card. the everyday that is. but the edp is even better in the rewards dept. i beleive 30 swipes per month will get you and extra 20 percent in rewards.

Thanks for the response Smiley Happy  I actually have the everyday preferred and just got my CLI last week to 24k so very happy with Amex.  Just was wondering if I should take advantage of the BT offer.

Message 7 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the response Smiley Happy  I actually have the everyday preferred and just got my CLI last week to 24k so very happy with Amex.  Just was wondering if I should take advantage of the BT offer.

i would if i had a balance i wanted to carry for a while. i would say the most important rule with amex from what i can guess. even with a balance. is never to pay a minimum payment. Smiley Very Happyat least double the minimum and you will be ok. wow. congrats . you at 24k. im currently at 10.5 k on my delta. 2 more months. will go for the 24k as well. won't push it to 25k. as don't want to go thru a hassle. but by all means. i have no fear of carrying balance with amex. too bad i don;t have 0 percent offer with them yet. because of the delta. need to pay my taxes on the thing and hold my cash for travel. so looks like i will pay a little interest the next year. yikes!!!!

Message 8 of 15
Guinness
Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i would if i had a balance i wanted to carry for a while. i would say the most important rule with amex from what i can guess. even with a balance. is never to pay a minimum payment. Smiley Very Happyat least double the minimum and you will be ok. wow. congrats . you at 24k. im currently at 10.5 k on my delta. 2 more months. will go for the 24k as well. won't push it to 25k. as don't want to go thru a hassle. but by all means. i have no fear of carrying balance with amex. too bad i don;t have 0 percent offer with them yet. because of the delta. need to pay my taxes on the thing and hold my cash for travel. so looks like i will pay a little interest the next year. yikes!!!!

Yah I have a huge tax bill coming in a few weeks and was thinking about using the BT  for my taxes

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out BoA Cash Rewards. I just got approved with 15 months 0 apr then 15%.  You can BT or get deposit to checking.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.