Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best balance transfer card 662 score

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Best balance transfer card 662 score

I just paid off one credit card and my score jumped to 662 from 651.  I need to transfer about $7000.00 - $8000.00 to a no interest card.  My discover and Home Depot no interest period will be up soon.  I can probably pay off my target card that is maxed and could get another score bump before applying? What score would I need to be at in order to get approved for another no balance transfer card.  I just need one more year to get this stuff paid off.  Suggestions? Should I pay the target card off and hope for another decent bump before applying?

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best balance transfer card 662 score

662 is equifax from this site.  674 transunion from walmarts credit card site.

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

What else is on your CR's? Baddies, AAOA, inq's?  Do you belong to a CU?

Message 3 of 5
fot1
Established Contributor

Pay off the target and see what that does to your score.. What is the interest going up to on the cards?  Are you a memeber of a CU? Chase Slate looks like a good BT card, but think your scores might be too low.. Chase is also pretty sensative to new accounts and Inquiries.

Too many to list..
Message 4 of 5
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I don't belong to a cu.  I cleaned up everything I could and so I old buy a house a year ago.  I have a short sale from four or five years ago now.  I think one paid collection and some 30-60 day lates that are now over 2 years old. High utilization is what is killing me now.  I had to completely remodel the house I bought on a shoe string budget So that is why I need one more year for a balance transfer card.  I am making headway but not there yet.  As far as inquiries though I haven't really applied for anything in about six months to a year.  I have had credit history for years I have a few accounts that have been open for over ten years.

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.