Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best bank CCs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best bank CCs?

(Not sure if this belongs in the CC forum as it is mostly about banking...so please move it if necessary.) 

I currently bank with BofA, and have a Platinum Plus MC with them that has a $4.5k limit.  Have had it for almost a year.

I don't have any issues with BofA to date, but have been hearing a lot about people having serious issues with them.

I'd like to build a relationship with another bank & obtain a CC through them as well, as a backup...and perhaps transition fully to them.  What would be the best bank for this?

On a related note, would opening accounts with CCC-related bank (i.e., Discover Bank online) increase likelihood of being approved for one of the company's cards (in this case, a Discover CC)?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best bank CCs?

All of my banking is done with Citibank, and I have two credit cards with CitiCards as well as a line of credit with Citibank, and I've been very happy with the various products I have with them.
Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

(Not sure if this belongs in the CC forum as it is mostly about banking...so please move it if necessary.) 

I currently bank with BofA, and have a Platinum Plus MC with them that has a $4.5k limit.  Have had it for almost a year.

I don't have any issues with BofA to date, but have been hearing a lot about people having serious issues with them.

I'd like to build a relationship with another bank & obtain a CC through them as well, as a backup...and perhaps transition fully to them.  What would be the best bank for this?

On a related note, would opening accounts with CCC-related bank (i.e., Discover Bank online) increase likelihood of being approved for one of the company's cards (in this case, a Discover CC)?

Where do you live? I have been with PNC for several years. I got my current credit card with them in March of 2009 with TU FICO score of 642 and received $7500 CL. I've been very happy with them and am really excited that I have lots more ATMs to choose from now for checking withdrawals.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops...that's a pretty useful bit of info I left out.

I am in Los Angeles. 

Message 4 of 12
BP2003
Regular Contributor

I've had a BoA for just over 2 years...and the CL seems to be stuck at $1000.  After hitting the LUV button 3 times in the past 6 months, they refuse to give me even a $500 CL bump.

Meanwhile, 3 months ago, I apply for a CITI Forward card and was approved after address verification for a $7000 CL (My highest CL).

***From ashy to classy***
Message 5 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

I would say 2 words CU.  It may be harder to qualify but they have not jumped on the AA bandwagon and their rates tend to be more attractive.  They dont offer as much in the rewards area if you are looking for that, although I get 1% cash back for every purchase.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like CU's overall the best.  They tend to be just a bit more stable, IMO.

Message 7 of 12
newstart2010
Blogger

I agree, a credit union or community is the way to go.  You can put all of your products with them and they generally will give you better rates for doing so.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where do you live? I have been with PNC for several years. I got my current credit card with them in March of 2009 with TU FICO score of 642 and received $7500 CL. I've been very happy with them and am really excited that I have lots more ATMs to choose from now for checking withdrawals.

I agree.  I've been with PNC for about a year now.  No complaints.  I picked up a credit card from them as well, currently with a CL of $1250.  Not too great so I haven't used it much.
Message 9 of 12
Ron1
Super Contributor

U.S. Bank Credit Card is pretty good card to have . I have two cards (co-branded) with US Bank and they haven't done anything to me yet. I called to ask for CLI (no hard pull) every six months .

Ron. 

Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-22-2010 09:33 AM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.