Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best bank to have history with?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best bank to have history with?

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

For me a physical branch is a necessity.  I often require Medallion stamps, cashiers checks, the ability to withdraw cash from ATMs without fees and most importantly quick/convinient access to cash.  Also, I think it is worth metioning - the ability to build a relationship with your banker.  

This ^^.

I take great comfort of when I want to do any banking in branch that I call, setup the appointment and then head in.  I personally believe it helps, but many will say otherwise.

Message 21 of 24
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

For me a physical branch is a necessity.  I often require Medallion stamps, cashiers checks, the ability to withdraw cash from ATMs without fees and most importantly quick/convinient access to cash.  Also, I think it is worth metioning - the ability to build a relationship with your banker.  

This ^^.

I take great comfort of when I want to do any banking in branch that I call, setup the appointment and then head in.  I personally believe it helps, but many will say otherwise.

Yes this is a feature BOA is pushing.  I love this convinience too.

Message 22 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

RIght, but as I said, the internet banks do the bolded bit even better, you can use all your current bank's ATMs and everyone elses, without fees.   But I agree things like cashier's checks are much more convenient at a branch, although I need one every 15 years or so.

Message 23 of 24
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

RIght, but as I said, the internet banks do the bolded bit even better, you can use all your current bank's ATMs and everyone elses, without fees.   But I agree things like cashier's checks are much more convenient at a branch, although I need one every 15 years or so.

Agree.  I think it all boils down to personal preferences.  In my case - a cashiers check is required alot more frequently.  

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.