Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best buy CC

tag
tburns
Regular Contributor

Best buy CC

I've had a BBRZMC for since may of last year.

I forgot to cancel before the AF hit on but got it waived.

I was planning on waiting but just applied for a CC from my local CU and was approved for 5k, thinking I might as well take both hits at once I just now tried for the Best Buy Store card before Christmas.

Well after calling to verify my information I was told to check online for the status.

I looked and it said "Congratulations, You've been approved for the Best Buy Rewards Zone card" Program B $600 CL.

I just looked on my account info and it says Best Buy under credit cards as apposed to MC like my old BBRZMC.

But the Program B. I thought that was only for the MC version. So not sure which card I have.

Said No AF, so do I have a bad store card or a slightly better crappy RZMC that's twice my other $300 limit. Either way I think I made a mistake applying.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best buy CC

@tburns wrote:

I've had a BBRZMC for since may of last year.

I forgot to cancel before the AF hit on but got it waived.

I was planning on waiting but just applied for a CC from my local CU and was approved for 5k, thinking I might as well take both hits at once I just now tried for the Best Buy Store card before Christmas.

Well after calling to verify my information I was told to check online for the status.

I looked and it said "Congratulations, You've been approved for the Best Buy Rewards Zone card" Program B $600 CL.

I just looked on my account info and it says Best Buy under credit cards as apposed to MC like my old BBRZMC.

But the Program B. I thought that was only for the MC version. So not sure which card I have.

Said No AF, so do I have a bad store card or a slightly better crappy RZMC that's twice my other $300 limit. Either way I think I made a mistake applying.

I thought plan b was MasterCard also. Seems so from the starting limit. You probably shouldn't have app'ed again but not much you can do now. Just wait till you get your letter and the card and go from there.

Message 2 of 5
tburns
Regular Contributor

I called the backdoor number and asked. She said it's the store card I have. She also said it's possible to get CLI in the future with this card after having history with it.

But searching online it seems the store card program B has a upper limit of $800 that's nearly impossible to break out of. But it has been done. However most people say they were told to just reapply for the program a version with higher CL's.

I really should have waited. According to their scoreing system I'm 277 out of a possible 300. Must have been my high'ish UTL from my credit care card being nearly 40% of it's limit. Not sure if I should just cancel the store card and wait another 6 months or just cancel my BBRZMC with the $300 in may and then app for the store card again and prey I don't get a second program B version.

Message 3 of 5
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I have a plan b card.....its not good...they give you a hard limit and it stays there....opened in 2008......no cli.......i tried and applied again and i was approved for. Plan  b reward zone card....store card......same hard limit 750.....1500 CL both cards combined...called executive number and got them to combine the cards...so at least i have 1 card with  1500 CL

Message 4 of 5
TyLey

I have the same problem BB is my lowest CL which is $400. I didn't know about the Plan A &  Plan B until when I decide to raise my credit limit. I hope its true about the increase which I haven't seen yet. I have a Chase Sapphire with 5000CL and Discover. I dont get why BB will want there customers stuck on such a low limit. I can't really buy anything from the store.

Starting Score: 591 (2/09)
Current Score: EX 730 EQ 704 TU 701 CK 731 CS 745 (updated 3/13)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge In the Garden since 3/14/2013
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.