Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best buy CLI email, HP or SP?

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Best buy CLI email, HP or SP?

bestbuy-cli.png

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Best buy CLI email, HP or SP?

Pretty sure it'd be an HP

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 14
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Pretty sure it'd be an HP

+1 I think so too. The CLI invite does not say that the inquiry resulting from your request will not affect your credit profile. I would call them and ask first.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 3 of 14
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I think its a SP its only asking for an update on income and morg/rent payment basically. SO either they will grant or not. Every lender does this. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 14
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

I think its a SP its only asking for an update on income and morg/rent payment basically. SO either they will grant or not. Every lender does this. 

They always ask for income and morgage/rent each time you request a CLI from the website and every time it's been a HP in my experience.

Message 5 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

have had several hp's with citi. but in this case op. whenever you get that offer from citi to update your info. It will be a sp. Even though i can't stand hp happy citi.  this is a rare occasion indeed. jump on it.

Message 6 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

They always ask for income and morgage/rent each time you request a CLI from the website and every time it's been a HP in my experience.

Yes. that is at users request. but this is at their request so it will be SP so when they ask. sp. when you as user ask. HP.

Message 7 of 14
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

have had several hp's with citi. but in this case op. whenever you get that offer from citi to update your info. It will be a sp. Even though i can't stand hp happy citi.  this is a rare occasion indeed. jump on it.

You sure? It says or go to that link online, which takes you to their standard CLI request form (that always asks for income and mortgage/rent info)

Message 8 of 14
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Yes. that is at users request. but this is at their request so it will be SP so when they ask. sp. when you as user ask. HP.

Interesting. Well if the OP tries it, please report back on what it ends up being. 

Message 9 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

@GoldSorata wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

You sure? It says or go to that link online, which takes you to their standard CLI request form (that always asks for income and mortgage/rent info)

Im sure. i can';t tell you how many times ive went to battle with citi. Example. Below. This is You as users request. This is not what op got. This is at their request. it is golden.

citi increase.PNG

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.