Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best buy CLI

tag
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Best buy CLI

Well after many months of pushing the love button and calling them to hear them say our account is not the type that gets increases . I get a letter in the mail saying they have increased out CL by 100.00 .... But here is the kicker . IT is only there to say if we make a purchase before FEB. Has anyone ever seen that before?

It really makes me scratch my head because it is only 750 cl and we already have just under 500 on it . 18 months no interest purchase we made a few months ago.  They mention the any purchase over 250 for 18months interest free. So they are trying to get me to max out the card Smiley Happy hehe

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best buy CLI

Yes, I have seen things like this.

DW got an offer from Juniper that allowed her a CLI of up to $1500, but it came only in the form of a BT/Cash Advance convenience check.  She could write the check up to $1500 which would be added to her CL.  It cost the 3% transaction fee.  She took it because she went from $2k to $3.6k. 

So, she ended up getting a decent CLI, but it cost her $45 fee and about $4.73 in interest by the time she paid the balance off that month.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.