Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best buy Visa CLI Declined :(

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best buy Visa CLI Declined :(

They don't do sp.
It's tu hp.... Just submit it online for $25k and they will counter back in under an hour usually
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
They don't do sp.
It's tu hp.... Just submit it online for $25k and they will counter back in under an hour usually

Oh ok. Thank you. Is it too much too ask for $25K from $300 SL for 2 years? Smiley Sad ... did you have experience with them? Are they pretty good with CLI? Do they always pull TU?

Message 12 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Hit or miss... I went $300 to $5k but had to recon.
They don't seem to like baddies to much
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
Hit or miss... I went $300 to $5k but had to recon.
They don't seem to like baddies to much

Im in California, do they always pull TU? I don't want anymore hit on my EX and EQ. I only have 2 inquiries on my TU.

Message 14 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes tu
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
Yes tu

Thank you Smiley Happy. Ist the phone number on the back of the CC to call? or I can do it online?

Message 16 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Either. If you call and are denied you can ask instantly to be transferred to credit
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
Either. If you call and are denied you can ask instantly to be transferred to credit

Thank you Creditaddict! Smiley Happy.

Sorry OP, I didn't mean toi hijack your thread. Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 20
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
I would use the card here and there in stead of socking it. They probably want to see some use on it before giving you a CLI and with citi since it's going to be a hard pull when you ask, you may as well maximize your chances.

I have to admit most banks do like to see usage on their cards to give CLIs.  However, for me anyway, Citi doesn't seem to care if I use my Dividends card and simply gives me increases when I ask for them.  I actually think I am going to PC that card to a DC card.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 19 of 20
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about your denial for CLI OP. Was it a hard pull?                                     This is my lowest limit card. I called many time CS and asked about CLI to see if it's a hard pull. They said all CLI are HP. My card is at $300 limit since it was a MC and now a citi visa. I have this card for 2 years and not a single CLI from Best Buy. I'm thinking about closing this card. I don't know if it's worth it to ask for CLI and get ding on a HP. Will it hurt my AAOA is I close this card? 

Well it would still report for 10 years. 

The reason they won't give a CLI on the card might not be a Citi policy.  I have a Home Depot card and I never get CLIs on it and if I ask I am told it is a HP.  I asked about that they told me it was a Home Depot policy not a Citi policy.  I also have a Dividends card with them and that gets CLIs with only a soft pull or maybe even no pull. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.