Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best buy Visa CLI Declined :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best buy Visa CLI Declined :(

Have had this card for over 6 months now No auto increase nothing so did a credit increase request declined, later got the letter insufficent time since last review? Like really? when was that >.<  Stays in the Draw! lol

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Best buy Visa CLI Declined :(

I would use the card here and there in stead of socking it. They probably want to see some use on it before giving you a CLI and with citi since it's going to be a hard pull when you ask, you may as well maximize your chances.
Message 2 of 20
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have had this card for over 6 months now No auto increase nothing so did a credit increase request declined, later got the letter insufficent time since last review? Like really? when was that >.<  Stays in the Draw! lol

6 Months may not be ehough time. What's your CL?

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peaceonearth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

6 Months may not be ehough time. What's your CL?

$500 LOL I used it a lot now its sitting with a zero balance my last payment was half of it. Will see come Black friday might buy something with it LOL if I ever go.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your denial for CLI OP. Was it a hard pull?                                     This is my lowest limit card. I called many time CS and asked about CLI to see if it's a hard pull. They said all CLI are HP. My card is at $300 limit since it was a MC and now a citi visa. I have this card for 2 years and not a single CLI from Best Buy. I'm thinking about closing this card. I don't know if it's worth it to ask for CLI and get ding on a HP. Will it hurt my AAOA is I close this card? 

Message 5 of 20
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

I had the same issue with mine and after all my new SL and TL's I hated having this low limit card sitting there not working for me.

I looked and had had it 6 months.

I luckily needed to make a few purchases and had some cash.

I maxed it out in one purchase and paid it in full as soon as it posted.

then as soon as the statement cut I repeated the process.

Then as soon as that statement cut I asked for a CLI from $500 to $5000.

They approved me for $3000.

I'll take it....I know this card doesn't move easily so I'm happy with any willigness to move. 

it will defientely get more use now.

BTW....this just happened last week.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cmikul wrote:

I had the same issue with mine and after all my new SL and TL's I hated having this low limit card sitting there not working for me.

I looked and had had it 6 months.

I luckily needed to make a few purchases and had some cash.

I maxed it out in one purchase and paid it in full as soon as it posted.

then as soon as the statement cut I repeated the process.

Then as soon as that statement cut I asked for a CLI from $500 to $5000.

They approved me for $3000.

I'll take it....I know this card doesn't move easily so I'm happy with any willigness to move. 

it will defientely get more use now.

BTW....this just happened last week.

Nice sadly what I have been doing since I have had it.

I wouldn't really close it if you had it for 2 years just let it close out on its own Not sure how long have you had your other cards.

Message 7 of 20
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Wow, at least you guys got the Visa, regardless of the limit.  They gave me a 4k store card around Dec 2014 and it still is at 4k.  Not taking  a HP for a CLI on a store card.

I recently inquired about getting my "store" card upgraded via sm and was told  I would need to close this account first and then re-apply, take the HP, and there would be no guarantee which of the 4 cards I would qualify for.  LOL   no thanks

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 8 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you can call in and ask to be transferred to credit department and they will do a manual review.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

you can call in and ask to be transferred to credit department and they will do a manual review.

Having this as a Visa now from BB MC, I may just have to keep it then. Do you guys know what phone number to call fo rthe credit department and ask for CLI hopefully with only a SP? I called the number on the back of the cards and even CITI which they always transfer me to BB CS (somewhere out the country) but not luck! and they don't even know when I ask If it's a HP or SP and even said that I have to call my credit bureau to ask if a SP or a HP ... Huh Smiley Sad.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.