Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best buy card question

tag
william23
Regular Contributor

Best buy card question

Guys I am planning on applying for a best buy card. I currently have an orchard card which is 6 months old never been late with a $320 credit line. Also I have FP $300 and kays and Jareds $500 shared credit line. My credit is in the very low 600's do I have a chance of getting approved. Which card should apply for store or rewards MasterCard. Do not have a balance on any of them.

Thanks for the help any advice will be appreciated only have 4 inquiries On all three.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best buy card question

@william23 wrote:
Guys I am planning on applying for a best buy card. I currently have an orchard card which is 6 months old never been late with a $320 credit line. Also I have FP $300 and kays and Jareds $500 shared credit line. My credit is in the very low 600's do I have a chance of getting approved. Which card should apply for store or rewards MasterCard. Do not have a balance on any of them.

Thanks for the help any advice will be appreciated only have 4 inquiries On all three.

Let a balance of <9% report on any single card to unlock bonus levels gain some more FICO points (i get about 15 points that way). Cant help you on your BB inquiry though (not sure if you should be even thinking about their store card with that score :-( )

Message 2 of 7
william23
Regular Contributor

Well ;( let me correct myself I always revolve a balance when the statement cuts usually like 5 dollars, so I have some sort of activity.
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you can apply for store but you are probably going to end up with a $300 CL MC with low 600's, you need to be in upper 600's to get the store card.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't have to let anything show for there to be reported activity on a card FYI. In the long run you wouldn't want all your cards showing  a 0 balance for maximum scoring, but you don't have to have a balance show. And I agree with the other post the store card is hard to get, they would probably counter offer with the BBRZMC with a 100 limit to be honest.

Message 5 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I just applied for a store BB card 15 mins ago through the BB website and was approved for their store card of $750. My first time with BB and I thought the CL was low.

FYI...my fico score is 695.

I am a frequent shopper at BB and been wanting this card, but I waited til my score top 660 before applying. IMHO, I think you shoud do the same, don't have too many inquirys and be patience. Get your score up as high as you can before applying for any more cards.

If you want another card beside Orchard, try Capital One - No hassle or Discover. The Discover will more than likely declined with anything less than 660 from my understanding, BUT, they might approved you for a Discover Network card - with a CL of around 300-500. That's how I rebuilt my credit 7 yrs ago when I went through a divorced.

Good luck !!

Message 6 of 7
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your new card! The good thing about this HSBC card is it will grow. Hit the CLI button two times a year.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.