Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best buy citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best buy citi

How do you know if online is a SP or HP? I tried different amount and get the same thing saying they may need to check my credit score. Should I call them and ask for an amount and ask if it's SP?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Re: Best buy citi

If they warn about checking your credit report, it is 9/10 times a HP.  Yes, you call CSR and see if they will consider CLI with a SP.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I believe the store card is still sp if you take the instant counter but the MC is for sure HP's!!! (TU)

Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

I believe the store card is still sp if you take the instant counter but the MC is for sure HP's!!! (TU)

The store card is similar to MC, it will be HP (fairly rare when they offer SP option).

Message 4 of 12
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

This is by far my worst card. It started with a $250 limit a couple years ago, and is still my lowest limit by a long shot at $750. There's an annual fee of $49, and I'll be closing this card right before the next annual fee hits.

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 5 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

The store card is similar to MC, it will be HP (fairly rare when they offer SP option).

Not true.  We have the store card & all of our CLIs with them have been SP, whether requested online or auto.

Message 6 of 12
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Does it go to an asking screen when clicked? If so does it say on the screen whether a report pull is needed? Ive never done it besides the fact of getting an auto of $200
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 7 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Not true.  We have the store card & all of our CLIs with them have been SP, whether requested online or auto.

Read the bolded part, I never stated impossible - fairly rare.  Most folks would likely not be elegible via the SP route.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last request to bring my CL from $3400 to 4k resulted in a HP. I was given auto CLIs since 2010...started at $1500 and stopped last year at $3400. I don't remember the verbiage on the request screen.

Message 9 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

Maybe you're right.  But yours would be the only post I can recall stating so.  My post wasn't very well written, so my apologies.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.