Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best buy reward zone MasterCard closed

tag
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Best buy reward zone MasterCard closed

I got an alert from mint.com that my credit limit changed on my best buy MasterCard from 1100 to 5 so I logged in to check and it said your account is closed. Good riddance I guess I havent used the card in almost a year. Just kind of weird I guess
amazon
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Best buy reward zone MasterCard closed

Sorry to hear that they axed your card. Are you going to call and request them to re~open ? Or just move on ?

I would be careful about leaving cards in the sock drawer for more than 6 months, it varies by creditor but they will be much more likely to close your account...
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 11
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I honestly could care less no useful rewards to me I rarely ever shop at bestbuy. I have boa cash rewards, chase freedom, discover more, fidelity amex, citi dividend and gold delta Amex
amazon
Message 3 of 11
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

So if you think of it they just got rid of your crap card for you call and say thanks
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 4 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@tsquad131 wrote:
I got an alert from mint.com that my credit limit changed on my best buy MasterCard from 1100 to 5 so I logged in to check and it said your account is closed. Good riddance I guess I havent used the card in almost a year. Just kind of weird I guess

Sorry to hear about that. Your CL was good.

I havent used mine in 1.5 years. I stopped using it since it wasnt growing. My CL is still at $300. So itf they close mine, I wouldn't even care.

Are you going to call them or let it go?

Message 5 of 11
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Since you do not use it, I would let it go.

I had one of those cards a couple of years ago. They CLD'd me from $2700 to $700 and I had no balance at the time. I called them to ask why and they siad they considered me a "risk". REALLY!

I told them to close the card and stated I did not like to do business with a bank that did this to their customers.

Kicked to the curb and have never looked back!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 11
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

i called into customer service because i was bored and they told me they closed it because the last time i used the card was in may so it was closed due to inactivity. whatever good riddance

amazon
Message 7 of 11
quest208
Frequent Contributor

i dont even know where my bb card is.  they insulted me with an increase from 100 to 400 and i just put it away.  now i cant find it.    if i find it im shredding it

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 8 of 11
lithium78
Established Contributor

I'm going to get rid of my BBRZMC before the AF fee comes up if they don't change my tier from Gold to Platinum.  I'm growing past the stage of paying AFs now, so they'll have to help me out if they want to keep my business.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

I'm going to get rid of my BBRZMC before the AF fee comes up if they don't change my tier from Gold to Platinum.  I'm growing past the stage of paying AFs now, so they'll have to help me out if they want to keep my business.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.