Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best buy store card requirements?

tag
danisgods
Regular Contributor

Re: Best buy store card requirements?

@CCOCD wrote:

I would apply.I am a big fan of BB.Great finance great customer service.Bought tv in November,it went on sale during black Friday,took receiptnto store.$130.00 credit back on card.Have NEVER paid interest in 5 years with them.

i dont see why they would refund you any money....

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

some big electronic stores including best buy has a price match guarantee if you find a lower price within 30 days of the product your purchased at their store they will refund you the difference if its a local competitor and have the ad with you

amazon
Message 12 of 18
danisgods
Regular Contributor

wow thats amazing!!!

@tsquad131 wrote:

some big electronic stores including best buy has a price match guarantee if you find a lower price within 30 days of the product your purchased at their store they will refund you the difference if its a local competitor and have the ad with you

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@danisgods wrote:

wow thats amazing!!!

@tsquad131 wrote:

LOL.  I think danisgods is trying to say that Best Buy (and most other retailers) has a well-known policy of not price-matching to Black Friday prices.  Apparently you slipped through the cracks. 

As far as the OP's question, looks like it is resolved.  She got approved for an Amazon card. 

Message 14 of 18
danisgods
Regular Contributor

well, he didnt find a match , you went back after black friday, which of course it would've been cheaper then usually... but good for you man, anyways...

Message 15 of 18
Jesster
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@danisgods wrote:

wow thats amazing!!!

@tsquad131 wrote:

LOL.  I think danisgods is trying to say that Best Buy (and most other retailers) has a well-known policy of not price-matching to Black Friday prices.  Apparently you slipped through the cracks. 

As far as the OP's question, looks like it is resolved.  She got approved for an Amazon card

Haven't sat down to pee since I was 2. Except for a couple weeks in Kindergarten when the toilet seat fell and hit me, but that was out of fear. Smiley Very Happy 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500
Message 16 of 18
CCOCD
Valued Member

They won't price match the "Doorbusters"sale which is usually the front and back page but the items that are all weekend long they will price match.Thats 1 reason I love BB.

Starting Score: 672
Current Score: EQ ? TU 698
Goal Score: 725

Message 17 of 18
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

I might be a little late to the party, but I applied for Best Buy last Feb, when I was purchasing a computer. They were offering the 0% APR for 18 months. I don't remember if I tried for the major card, but I ended up with an $800 CL for the store card. I bought an HP (got suckered into their useless Geek Squad) so my purchase out the door was $751 and change. After I had $90 refunded for the geek squad purchase it got rid of most of my balance. I've used the card internmittently since and received $10- and $5 rewards from them. I'd say that's not bad for having the card for a year.

I have an Amazon card (through Chase) that I'm currently trying to pay down. 

I'd say  do you research on the TV you want and see who has the cheaper price and then apply.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.