Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best card for auto rental?

tag
dize
Regular Contributor

Re: Best card for auto rental?

Okay thanks, so I'll go with using my discover and I will speak to my insurance company as well. I'm getting a jeep and I might off-road a little, so I want to make sure I'm covered! Hopefully I won't need it though!
Message 11 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Where are you going to rent this Jeep?

Message 12 of 18
dize
Regular Contributor

In maui. I plan on spending a good amount of time in Hana, and doing plenty of cliff diving and some of them are off the beaten path
Message 13 of 18
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Be aware that off-roading can be excluded from most insurance policies. Read all the fine print and ask your insurer specifically before assuming you have coverage. If you wreck in the dirt, you may have to drag it to a highway before calling for help. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 18
dize
Regular Contributor

Im not so worried about wrecking it as much as I am a broken winshield, flat tire, rock chips, or things of the like lol

Message 15 of 18
Shock
Established Contributor

FWIW, most standard platinum cards have auto rental insurance.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Turbobuick wrote:

Be aware that off-roading can be excluded from most insurance policies. Read all the fine print and ask your insurer specifically before assuming you have coverage. If you wreck in the dirt, you may have to drag it to a highway before calling for help. Smiley Wink

Great comment.  I don't foresee off-roading in a Jeep being covered by car insurance.

Message 17 of 18
N7
Established Member

Yeah, like my AMEX won't even cover a off-road vehicle at all. And i have the Primary Car Rental Coverage.

They list "off-road vehicles" as a Excluded vehicles

AMEX BCE $6.5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | Chase Ink Plus $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase CSP $10k | Capital One Platinum $4k | Citi Diamond Preferred $11k | Chase Freedom $500
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.