cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best card for rewards, my list (how does it look?)

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Best card for rewards, my list (how does it look?)

CAPTOOL
No. It's just unnecessary to wait that long. I can see a month to make sure nothing is returned but not 3. It didn't take that long for me to go through their portal.
Message 11 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Best card for rewards, my list (how does it look?)

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good list. Fidelity Amex is also 2% back on everything. And I would add the eBates Visa, Use the shopping portal, and the cash back is very nice because you can stack it. I'm at over 9%.

I got the ebates card today (for Amex Gift Cards) but I agree with the review in:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/ebates-credit-card-review-3-cashback-on-purchases-through-ebates/

ebates is very rarely the top cashback portal, and is often less by more than 1%, so a 2% card at topcashback/befrugal etc will win

Other than the piddly 1% on Amex gift cards, that review completely ignores the cash back offers from the eBates merchants. For example, I was looking for a leather checkbook cover. Found one through the eBates portal where the merchant was offering 6% cash back. Add that to the 3% on the card, and I got 9%. That's some fat cash back by any definition.

Not really.    Generally other portals offer more than ebates, and all have some special offers (which is why you use something like cashbackmonitor.com)   The card only makes sense over a 2% card when ebates is less than 1% from the top rate (or of course is the top rate).    For Amex Gift cards, it usually is (1% vs others 1.5%) which is why I was willing to get it (for when Discover Miles 3% stops)  But for many of the places I shop, ebates is 2% or more less than the others.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.