cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best card to apply for with excellent credit?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best card to apply for with excellent credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

As for Cap One, I highly recommend that you contact the Cap One EO and see if you can get a CLI.   If you've had them for 12 years and your income justifies a better CL, they can get your CC manually reviewed for it.   And it's a SP, so no harm to anyone's credit.  

I've been through it all to get them to work with me, called all different departments, wrote letters.  Part of the problem is that I now have a home-based business and don't have a very large paycheck.  I had added my DH as an authorized user and HIS salary would more than justify an CLI, but they can't accept it on that.  He would have to apply for his own card.

I never asked for a CLI before and I am a good customers, was really hoping I could plead my case but so far... bupkus.

Cap1 just make me want to hit my head on the desk over and over... They have no pattern I can pick up w/regards to whom they give CLI's to or initial credit lines too... People with 800+ scores get 3k-5k ilnes on there CC, recently another person just got a 30k initial CL, by far the higest I have seen... The people with 620 ficos after credit steps go from 300-500 to 4k..  Regarding CLI's they are all over the board, some people have luck 6 month after 6 month then others it is a no go!   They use SP for CLI's which is good, but usually they are really dated meaning 3-5 months old, which makes it a PITA.    

Usually it ends up a call to the EO to get anything done, which works for most, but even that is for sure not guranteed as you mentioned.

Message 21 of 27
noobody
Established Contributor

Get an whatever amex that fit your need, 3X cli after 61 days
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:
Get an whatever amex that fit your need, 3X cli after 61 days

I would have to agree. Look into the AMEX ED or BCE. You can use the 3x CLI in order to get the desired credit limit you are looking for. Or you can go for the PRG, which with all of the traveling your DH does, the points will make up for the AF. 

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

As for Cap One, I highly recommend that you contact the Cap One EO and see if you can get a CLI.   If you've had them for 12 years and your income justifies a better CL, they can get your CC manually reviewed for it.   And it's a SP, so no harm to anyone's credit.  

I've been through it all to get them to work with me, called all different departments, wrote letters.  Part of the problem is that I now have a home-based business and don't have a very large paycheck.  I had added my DH as an authorized user and HIS salary would more than justify an CLI, but they can't accept it on that.  He would have to apply for his own card.

I never asked for a CLI before and I am a good customers, was really hoping I could plead my case but so far... bupkus.

Cap1 just make me want to hit my head on the desk over and over... They have no pattern I can pick up w/regards to whom they give CLI's to or initial credit lines too... People with 800+ scores get 3k-5k ilnes on there CC, recently another person just got a 30k initial CL, by far the higest I have seen... The people with 620 ficos after credit steps go from 300-500 to 4k..  Regarding CLI's they are all over the board, some people have luck 6 month after 6 month then others it is a no go!   They use SP for CLI's which is good, but usually they are really dated meaning 3-5 months old, which makes it a PITA.    

Usually it ends up a call to the EO to get anything done, which works for most, but even that is for sure not guranteed as you mentioned.

CapOne is a strange duck indeed. I'm keeping them around mostly for the fact that they DID give me credit after I burnt them just 3yrs prior, and the cards eventually grew to semi-usable levels (high utl on statement cut though). I do however plan to jettison my QS VISA (Keeping my MC one, maybe try for WMC upgrade) once my C/O's come off my report completely and see if they'll give me one of those famous 5 digit CL's on a QS VS.

Message 24 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

CapOne is a strange duck indeed. I'm keeping them around mostly for the fact that they DID give me credit after I burnt them just 3yrs prior, and the cards eventually grew to semi-usable levels (high utl on statement cut though). I do however plan to jettison my QS VISA (Keeping my MC one, maybe try for WMC upgrade) once my C/O's come off my report completely and see if they'll give me one of those famous 5 digit CL's on a QS VS.

Oh I agree I have over 5500 limits with them at the moment between two cards... I burnt them 3 years ago on a CO'ed Business card for 4k..  Still owe them the money as well, but have no intentions on paying it unless they are willing to do a PFD, which I have an attorney still working on.  That is really the major thing holding my scores down right below the 700 level...  I don't want to pay it either as it will update the date of last activity or whatever and hurt my scores... kinda in a catch 22.. Maybe I will pay it after it falls off my credit reports just so I feel good about myself, unless my attorney can get it taken care of for a PFD.  In process, we shall see how this plays out.  Been trying for a resolution for about 5 months now, but starting to swing harder with them.

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a score of 729. I went on a app spree for three cards. Amex BCE approved 3000$, citi double cash approved $5000 and chase freedom $10000. I applied in the same order. I think chase has been generous and they are also offering$200 bonus now. I hope that helps.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.