cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best cards to offer balance transfers in the long term?

tag
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Best cards to offer balance transfers in the long term?

Hi Guys, 

With so many options to choose from I wonder which cards are best to have if you move around your balances from one card to another every once in a while to take advantage of lower rates. In other words, which cards keep giving you offers for bal transfer at reduced rates more than others (even after the initial period they offer when you first get the card). 

Your suggestions are very much appreciated as I need to recommend these cards to a friend who has 730 credit karma scores. 

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Best cards to offer balance transfers in the long term?

Cosntantly BT'ing really isn't all that sustainabile a practice and long term BT offers are quite often targeted so you can't just rely on the card itself.

Message 2 of 7
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Im sure there are cards that when you have them at zero balance, they have more offers than others. I am talking about loging in to your credit card account online and seeing the offers there. I remember when I had a ton of cards that chase and citi would have them for me to see when I went into my account. Other cards I had, like Discover or Bank of america never had offers for bal transfers (not sure if you called them) but at least they didnt show up on my account online. 

Any suggestions of actual products are appreciated. Thanks

Message 3 of 7
djshifted
Regular Contributor

I have three cards through Barclay, the AAdvantage World MC (formerly U.S. Airways World MC), NFL Extra Points Visa, and Barclay Rewards MC.  I signed up for both the NFL card and U.S. Airways card in December.  Both came with initial balance transfer offers (0% for 15 months, standard 3% BT fee), one of which I took advantage of.  A few weeks after the offer on the NFL card expired, I had a $0 balance and received a letter in the mail, renewing the offer and including convenience checks.  

I don't know if they will continue with the offer once the balances are back to $0, or if it was a one-time renewal, but it might be worth a shot.  The AAdvantage Red MC is not currently available through Barclays (not sure if they're waiting to open it to new applicants, or are only converting current cardholders over), but the NFL Visa still has the initial BT offer, as well as $100 in points after $500 in purchases offer.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a balance transfer offer available to me on my BofA Better Balance Rewards card ever since I got it last September. There is always a 3% fee but the 0% period on those transfers is always at least 12 months.
Message 5 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

I get constant BT offers for my cap 1 card. Not always the best offer, but I do receieve them. That card has a zero balance though. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My discover has had one available continually for the few years I've had it. I've gotten offer from chase Amazon, citi TY Pref, and DP sporadically. I seem to get the offers right before summer, which might be due more to the cyclical nature of when I pay things down.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.