cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best cash back rewards card?

Regular Contributor

Best cash back rewards card?

What cards give the best cash back bonuses with the minimum shennanigans to go along with it? I have a personal card I use for work expenses that can average 4000-7000 a month (always PIF). I just want to reap the benefits if someone could point me in the right direction.
5 REPLIES
Epic Contributor

Re: Best cash back rewards card?

Chase Freedom Plus = 3% cash back in top 6 categories and if you let cash back build to $200 you get a bonus $50.
Regular Contributor

thanks ill look into it!
Established Member

schwab card (2% flat) maybe better if you are using for buisness purpose which may not fit into a freedom category
Moderator Emerita

PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union) Plat Plus Visa.

5% on pay-at-the-pump gas
2% on non-superstore groceries
1.25% on everything else

credited monthly, automatically, on your statement

Tough to get: pulls EQ, hates debt, hates recent/ new apps. Very conservative; awesome service; generous CLI's.

Despite the name, anyone can join.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Highlighted
Valued Member

haulingthescoreup wrote:
PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union) Plat Plus Visa.

5% on pay-at-the-pump gas
2% on non-superstore groceries
1.25% on everything else

credited monthly, automatically, on your statement

Tough to get: pulls EQ, hates debt, hates recent/ new apps. Very conservative; awesome service; generous CLI's.

Despite the name, anyone can join.

+1  This is my primary card.  I use to use my Amex Blue cash but with the recent events from Amex I don't want to risk not getting my rebate like the lady who had her account closed before she got her $200+ rebate.  I just got mine for the year so it's all PenFed from now on.  Great Service and I make more money now with the cashback starting at the first $.

Message Edited by karbon86 on 03-10-2009 02:08 PM