Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best choice for me?

tag
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Best choice for me?

Hi everyone. I currently have FICO scores between 700-715. I have 1-2% utilization, no baddies ever, and because of a recent divorce have had to close my one decent CL card. I am looking to apply for a new card with no annual fee, decent interest rate, and rewards.

What is the best option out there now for easy approval, good CL, and just a good card to have? 

Any help is appreciated.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Best choice for me?

Penfed platinum rewards or Chalres Schwab invest first (serviced by BOA and requires a CS brokerage acct).
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 8
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Thanks for your response; however, I would prefer to not have to pay to join a credit union or open a brokerage account). Anything without a pre-req?

Message 3 of 8
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

How about the Merrill plus card (also serviced by BOA)? No pre req, APR of 9.99, great rewards, concierge, and lots of great benefits.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 8
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Looks great! Any idea which CRA they prefer to pull?

Message 5 of 8
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

BOA (or FIA CSNA which they like to go by and will appear on the CR) likes to pull Experian. From my experience with them, they have always pulled EX. I live in TX btw. If you dont have any baddies, I think you would enjoy this product. If you do apply, you probably will not get an instant decision until you call in the next day regarding the status of the app. Keep us updated!
Message 6 of 8
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Applied last night online. Pulled my score right before (707 eq / 703 tu) and it said to call them anytime to complete the application.

I called them today and was denied because I had too much debt. The guy said I had a high mortgage balance (well ya, I bought a home to live in). But my credit cards are under 15% utilization (about 1000 bucks total debt).

I was mad =(

Message 7 of 8
cabana7
Valued Member

BoA has been good to me and I think they have several products you would qualify for depending whats on your reports...I live in TX and they usually pull exp here.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.