Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best credit card company?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best credit card company?

I simply prefer the company which gives me the best cashback deal. I don't need hand-holding from CSRs. I used to primarily use AMEX BLUE CASH but have now switched over to SCHWAB for their 2% rebate.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCCU 
They gave me best cli and best interest rate and are extremely polite.

I had a long slow moving relationship with CapOne but they just went to 17.9..

after 8 years. 

Message 12 of 15
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Penfed gives me the most of what I am looking for:

1) High limit, got it back a couple years ago when everyone was giving out big limits, like all the others, Penfed is much more conservative now.

2) No fuss cashback credited to account at end of month 5% gas, 2% grocery, 1% everything else.

3) Easy to understand, english as first language, CSRs that are quick to come on the phone and faily knowledgable about their products (as far as CSRs go)

4) Rarely take adverse action. There have been some but few reports of Penfed credit card accounts being closed due to AA.

5) One of the best cards if you don't want to carry a card for this and a card for that and juggle 10 cards. My simple combination is Penfed for gas and groceries and Schwab 2% card for everything else.

Message 13 of 15
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

My definition of "best" cc companies would be whoever gives me the best rewards. That would be:

1) AmEx Delta Skymiles for most purchases [I fly out of a small airport that is very expensive...so the free flights are great]

2) PenFed for gas at the pump (5%) and groceries (2%) [cash rewards credited back on next statement is great]

3) Discover for changing 5% categories only [x 2 because both of us have one]

4) National City for 1 1/4% if someone doesn't take AmEx and for purchases that don't fall into the above categories

The other cards I have are Sears Citi and Chase. I charge Netflix to one and a book club to the other just to keep them alive.

Sears Citi is our oldest card but has the smallest limit. The only reason we keep it open is age. Chase has the highest credit limit but no rewards. We got the AmEx and PenFed because we assumed Chase would close us for nonuse...but they haven't done it yet.

I don't have a problem with customer service with any of them. The only one that seems somewhat disorganized is Sears Citi. They sent us two sets of new cards this year. We finally just cut one set up. I was afraid if I called them about it that they would close something down. They also declined us for a CLI increase last year, saying that our last request was too recent. We hadn't talked to them in years, so I don't know what they were talking about...but it wasn't worth trying to figure out.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My top 3 favorites:

NFCU

USAA

PSECU

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.