cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best credit card for 643 TransUnion.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best credit card for 643 TransUnion.

@Anonymous wrote:

I think so too! That's coming up from a 490. Should i be concerned about applying for capital one since they are the ones i had my first credit card with that got charged off and is no longer on my credit report?  Also yes im 23

My personal experience with Cap One was that they were a charge off for me too and also included in my bankruptcy when I filed in 2015. When I got my discharge paper in the mail, I said what the hell and applied with them expecting a decline but I was approved for both their Quicksilver AND Platinum cards. I was shocked they approved me and so soon after being delinquint with them. 

This is only my personal experience, but if your previous card with them isn't even on your credit report any longer you may fare just as good. They may approve with a low limit at first, but after 6 months of on time payments they give an automatic line increase. I think Cap One is the best at giving customers second chances. I would go ahead and apply.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think so too! That's coming up from a 490. Should i be concerned about applying for capital one since they are the ones i had my first credit card with that got charged off and is no longer on my credit report?  Also yes im 23

How long ago was the charge off?  Regardless, C1 is the most forgiving bank there is when concerns past bad accounts.  People get approved all the time even though they burned them in the past.  If something shows up as being prequalified, your chances are very good at getting approved.

It was back in 2015 probably, May i believe. I filed a dispute with Transunion, shortly after the balance owed got wiped to zero and then not long after that it was completely wiped from my report. Thank you guys for the guidance and encouragement. I'm going to check out the C1 prequalifieds and I'll report back here with my findings.  Thanks again! 

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the legit 686 and the auto loan reporting, you should be able to secure a couple decent unsecured CC approvals... I say grab 2 so they can age together and your credit mix value goes up because of the multiple revolvers along with the installer ( being the auto loan) @ 23 you want to build volume and age that will pay dividends later
Plant seeds for fruit, you'll enjoy in the future

Best of luck, good start
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got approved for the Capital One Silver with the 300 credit line. That felt absolutely amazing. They pre qualified me for another card aswell. Should i jump on that?
Message 14 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No, you must wait 6 months in between approvals of Cap One cards, new policy, youll just pick up a denial and hp.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got approved for the Capital One Silver with the 300 credit line. That felt absolutely amazing. They pre qualified me for another card aswell. Should i jump on that?

Congrats!! I would go ahead and jump on it because that's exactly what I did. Both applications filled out within 5 mins of each other and got 2 approvals. Felt wonderful!! Good luck and congrats again. You'll probably get a line increase to over 1k with 6 months of timely payments. I love Cap One. 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
No, you must wait 6 months in between approvals of Cap One cards, new policy, youll just pick up a denial and hp.

I wasn't aware of this. Forget my advice then and wait!

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I wasn't aware of this. Forget my advice then and wait!

Ahaha i can be patient. Thanks for the heads up and thanks so much everyone else. I'm happy to be on my up to bigger better credit things. Much love to you all

Message 18 of 22
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

If you really want a second card right now, and I personally think you might be better waiting for your score to improve, then you might consider a Discover card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations,👏👏

1)@ Average Joe is correct the newest Cap-1 policy will NOT allow for that 2nd account for 6 months ( Chris330 must be referencing the good ole days ( I got it, too) but they don't allow it anymore) unfortunately they don't make it clear that it's one or the other, again in the old days (2015, early 2016 you could double up but no more)

2) Generally, Cap-1 will put you on the Steps program, where after you pay you bill on-time you'll get an auto increase after Statement # 7 , darn near like a video game typically either a $300 or $500 bump
* You can try for an increase after 3 months, which you likely won't get but it happened to a lucky few of us ( something, internal about your profile) otherwise the auto happens as mentioned above

Pay on-time keep your reported utilization low

As I mentioned earlier I really prefer adding 2 TLs near the same age, so I'd shop a decent companion card...

* I should note that because Cap-1 triple pulls all 3 CRA they are not my favorite shopping source for card #2 anyway....when with research those 3 HPs could have spread between 3 different vendors, likely getting an approval w/o all 3 pulls

Not a hurry but add a 2nd TL with 4-8 months so their age works for you and a 3rd within 4-8 months of then so you're set up very nicely and only mid 20's in age

Remember, I'm NOT suggesting DEBT, just build your profile BEFORE you 'need or want' to and life proves easier and less expensive 😎
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.