cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best credit card for travel (cruises & out of country)

tag
ghawdex
Valued Member

Best credit card for travel (cruises & out of country)

I asked in another post, but figure I'd ask here. I'm looking for a credit card that would be maily used for travel, including cruises, hotels and airline travel (mostly europe)

I usually fly with virgin atlantic, and the crusises vary from more local to european cruises. Hotels are the same, mainly stay in hotles near NYC or abroad. What are my best options to look at? 

Thank You

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Best credit card for travel (cruises & out of country)

Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Barclaycard Arrival Plus

CapitalOne Venture

Amex Everyday

Amex PRG

Amex Platinum and RItz Carlton rewards (If you like VIP status and statement credits)

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 6
ghawdex
Valued Member

Thanks, will take a look at these.

Are these in order from your favorite to least?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ghawdex wrote:

I asked in another post, but figure I'd ask here. I'm looking for a credit card that would be maily used for travel, including cruises, hotels and airline travel (mostly europe)

I usually fly with virgin atlantic, and the crusises vary from more local to european cruises. Hotels are the same, mainly stay in hotles near NYC or abroad. What are my best options to look at? 

Thank You

I am looking for travel card myself
My top pick so far is
AAA member rewards by BoA
it gives you 3% cashback on all travel purchase (Air, Car rental, Cruise, hotel...)
No AF
Downside to this card is it charges you Foreign Exchange fee of 2%
Travel accident insurance only 250k =same as CSP

Message 4 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I would say a hotel card of some kind, 

marriott/ritz, hyatt, something like that (ritz has the 140k point offer right now) 

Have you considered one of the virgin credit cards? Virgin is pretty terrible for international award flights because of fuel surcharges, but most int'l flights are like that now. I know they had like a 118,000 miles sign up bonus going on a few months ago. no idea what it is now. 

Message 5 of 6
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@ghawdex wrote:

Thanks, will take a look at these.

Are these in order from your favorite to least?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.