Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best credit card recommendations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best credit card recommendations

will be closing on home soon, next up I will be applying for a credit card,  Would like recommendations on lowest interest, NAF, perks. Which do you recommend and why?

thanks!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best credit card recommendations

@Anonymous wrote:

will be closing on home soon, next up I will be applying for a credit card,  Would like recommendations on lowest interest, NAF, perks. Which do you recommend and why?

thanks!!

No one can tell you which of the many credit cards available is 'best' for you.  You need to be much more specific in what you are looking for; travel card or cashback?, spending habits, credit scores, etc.  What is a great card for one person can be completely useless for your needs.

Message 2 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Also, certain cards are restricted to certain areas/states. JCB Marukai, UMB Simply Rewards, Bellco Rewards, Huntington Voice, Golden1 Platinum Rewards, Securty Service Power Travel Rewards, are all just examples of cards with restricted membership that might fit into your plans. As well as all the low APR credit Union cards.

See this thread for cash back cards and low APR cards: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cash-Back-credit-card-charts/td-p/4004725

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

Message 4 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks!!

For low interest and low fees, I recommend Barclays Ring card. It's my favorite credit card.

Balance transfers: No fee. 8.25% variable interest rate.

Purchases: 8.25% variable interest rate.

Cash advances: Flat $3 fee, no percentage. 8.25% variable interest rate.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks!!

For low interest and low fees, I recommend Barclays Ring card. It's my favorite credit card.

Balance transfers: No fee. 8.25% variable interest rate.

Purchases: 8.25% variable interest rate.

Cash advances: Flat $3 fee, no percentage. 8.25% variable interest rate.

Right, but as you said, only for low APR and fees.   It has no rewards, so if you PIF and don't think you will do cash advances, it's pretty useless.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the penfed promise is a little superior to the ring, wouldnt you say? 4.99% for 12 months, not the best, but has $100 bonus, and credit limits to me seem a little higher with this vs barclays.

Isnt it also true that since penfed is a credit union their rates did not go up 0.25%.... just not sure how often penfed actually issues the 7.99% or how good they are with rate reductions.

I would mix in most of themanwhocan's chart based upon spending and pair that with a bonus or two. I'd also wait to apply once the mortgage has been funded, not just after closing.

How much do you spend a month and in what categories

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.