Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best due date for all credit cards?

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Re: Best due date for all credit cards?

I have all mine due on the 15th. I like the uniformity. I also don't want them at beginning or end of the month because those are more dynamic (ending on 30th, 31st, or 28th). When you have it right in the middle there's no surprises. Or at least that's how I rationalize it to myself. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 here.

I like to keep a buffer of at LEAST $1,000 in each checking account.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 here.

Me too, only more modest, so take a zero or two...  OK, take two zeros!  But, those ten bucks buffers are SOLID.  So, there.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 here.

Me too, only more modest, so take a zero or two...  OK, take two zeros!  But, those ten bucks buffers are SOLID.  So, there.

I've been there before at property tax time each January, and Income tax time in March/April. They won't take a CC for less than 3% on top and none of my cards give THAT much pts on a purchase such as this.

Message 24 of 28
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

What day do you guys use?

Whatever was assigned to the card.

@JoshNurse wrote:
but if you pay for every single bill on the first it would be nice to know that everything left is all yours for savings, roth ira or whatever we do with the rest...

The date doesn't matter to me.  I already know what my bills are and what I need to pay.  Different people have different approaches so you can't just assume that what works for you is the only thing that works for everyone --  even if you're just talking to people that get paid monthly.  Best is always highly subjective.  Next time consider adding "If you have all your due dates on the same day...".

@JoshNurse wrote:

I just want to simplify and automate my finances and payments as much as possible.

If you want to automate then autopay is an option.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thread. We all have different but effective ways to manage payments. I receive two different DD a month (sources are different) and arranged the due dates to fit the direct deposits.
Message 26 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I get paid once a month.. Oh I hate it so.. Get paid the last day of the month or sooner if it falls on a weekend due to direc deposit.  I agree you also should have a buffer so you never get yourself in a situation.  I don't like them being all spread out throughout the month, to much to keep track of for at least me.

Message 27 of 28
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

I usually PIF through out the month but I also have autopay set up. I keep a buffer in checking with an additional savings account buffer to cover checking if it came to that.  Ive been thinking of lining up my due dates but right now, with only a few cards it's not a big deal with the autopay as a backstop should I get a brain fart and forget to pay someone Smiley Surprised

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.