Best ever Sign-Up Bonus of the CC you ever had or heard off

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Best ever Sign-Up Bonus of the CC you ever had or heard off

@Tuxedo77 wrote:

I'm feeling kinda melon collie.....

That would be a weird feeling.

That mellon collie looks pretty happy though.

Message 11 of 24
newUser0
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

The ones I've come across:

Amex Platinum - 100k MR, 3k spend in 3 months

Amex PRG - 75k MR, 1k spend in 3 months

CapOne Venture - 100k after 1k spend in 3 months. Needed proof of 50k+ spend on a competitor's travel card the previous year.

Chase BA: 100k after $2,500 in 3 months

Chase Hyatt: Lifetime Diamond Status as long as you keep the card (targeted by mistake but honoured anyways)

Citi AA WEMC - 100k after 10k spend in 3 months + $200 statement credit (public offer)
CSP - 100k UR after $500 spend in 3 months

JPM Ritz Carlton - 140k, 2k spend in 3 months

Thanks for sharing this.

I love Hyatt.

Lifetime is sooo good. Is there any way to get this any loopholes?

Message 12 of 24
newUser0
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

for me it was the Marriott Permier card with the 70K points in terms of $ value.  I did spend the 70K for fee nights in the value of 1400$ and the free night will be spent next week in a category 4 in Düsseldorf and the night would have been 380EUR ...LOL.. I call this perfect !

Wow! This may be really the BEST use of Marriot Points.

Message 13 of 24
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The lifetime diamond status was a complete mistake, but it was honoured on a case-by-case basis. It was only sent out to people who currently had diamond status and who didn't have the Hyatt CC. Hyatt's legal team realized that they'd be open to lawsuit if they didn't honour it, so inviidual people who applied using that link AND who were originally targeted were able to keep this benefit. Others who weren't targeted but tried to apply using the link anyways were denied.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

For me, the following have been more memorable than most.

1.  2BR method for 200K AA Miles.

2.  100K Amex Plat upgrade on first purchase.

3.  100K CSP after $1,000 spend.

4.  Venture 100K.

5.  BofA $450 cashback for spending $500.

Those are the best ever I've experienced.

Message 15 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I missed out on the Amex Plat that CardMatch was offering last year. Smiley Sad

I guess the best for me was the JPM Ritz- 140k 

Message 16 of 24
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

On a slightly related topic... Open, Lexie and anyone else: If you were to have gotten the 100k Amex platinum offer, what partner would you have transfered it to (assuming you weren't keeping the card open past the 1st year)? I'm sitting on another 100k offer currently valid until June, but I won't use the MR points between now and June 2015. I'll need to "take my best guess" and transfer prior to the next AF, but I'm a bit worried I'll guess incorrectly.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 17 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
On a slightly related topic... Open, Lexie and anyone else: If you were to have gotten the 100k Amex platinum offer, what partner would you have transfered it to (assuming you weren't keeping the card open past the 1st year)? I'm sitting on another 100k offer currently valid until June, but I won't use the MR points between now and June 2015. I'll need to "take my best guess" and transfer prior to the next AF, but I'm a bit worried I'll guess incorrectly.

For me, MR's value are twofold.  

One, when necessary, transfer to BA and utilize for domestic fights while using my existing AA for premium cabins.  Two, since I fly to SE Asia a couple of times per year, I find ANA (and Asia Miles) and SQ to have some value for me.  The latter with some excellent premium cabin flights starting at about 90K, and SQ because using it's really the only way to redeem for premium class flights.

In addition, moving forward, I plan to use MR ---> Hawaiian Airlines for flights, now that Barclays is offering a sign up bonus.  It's good for a free flight to Hawaii yearly.

I like to use the flexibility of MR points to augment signing bonuses, such as the ones from Chase's BA and HA.  Given the recent pressure to devalue, I find it prudent to hedge and diversify and have options to redeem the best value for a given route from each respective carrier and FF program.

Message 18 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@CreditScholar wrote:

Then, I would have probably split it between BA, Delta and perhaps Hilton- oh, what a difference a year makes

Now, BA -and since  I'm staying less and less with Hilton they are out.  I'm loving my Ritz Card now and second would be  SPG properties.  So, BA and SPG

Message 19 of 24
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Then, I would have probably split it between BA, Delta and perhaps Hilton- oh, what a difference a year makes

Now, BA -and since  I'm staying less and less with Hilton they are out.  I'm loving my Ritz Card now and second would be  SPG properties.  So, BA and SPG

I love SPG. 

The entire reason I got my Amex SPG was because I stay in a lot of their hotels in Dubai while traveling for work. So, I finally bit the bullet and was approved for the card. Figures I now no longer have to travel for work and thus will not be staying in many hotels, let alone SPG hotels. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.