Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best ever Sign-Up Bonus of the CC you ever had or heard off

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Best ever Sign-Up Bonus of the CC you ever had or heard off

@09Lexie wrote:

Then, I would have probably split it between BA, Delta and perhaps Hilton- oh, what a difference a year makes

Now, BA -and since  I'm staying less and less with Hilton they are out.  I'm loving my Ritz Card now and second would be  SPG properties.  So, BA and SPG

For pure "value," I'd wait until there's a bonus and then transfer it all to BA.  There's a more than good chance there will be either a 30% or 50% BA transfer bonus before the next year's annual fee is due.  

Message 21 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Open123 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Then, I would have probably split it between BA, Delta and perhaps Hilton- oh, what a difference a year makes

Now, BA -and since  I'm staying less and less with Hilton they are out.  I'm loving my Ritz Card now and second would be  SPG properties.  So, BA and SPG

For pure "value," I'd wait until there's a bonus and then transfer it all to BA.  There's a more than good chance there will be either a 30% or 50% BA transfer bonus before the next year's annual fee is due.  

Good point. 

Message 22 of 24
nmac
Regular Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
On a slightly related topic... Open, Lexie and anyone else: If you were to have gotten the 100k Amex platinum offer, what partner would you have transfered it to (assuming you weren't keeping the card open past the 1st year)? I'm sitting on another 100k offer currently valid until June, but I won't use the MR points between now and June 2015. I'll need to "take my best guess" and transfer prior to the next AF, but I'm a bit worried I'll guess incorrectly.

If it were me I would open the amex platinum and get the 100K now. Before the annual fee is due I would open an amex everyday card then close the amex platinum. The everyday card uses the same reward program and has the ability to transfer to travel partners without the annual fee. This should allow you to retain the member rewards points till the most opportune time to transfer them or when you need them. The only downside is that it would cost an extra hard pull.  

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 23 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:
On a slightly related topic... Open, Lexie and anyone else: If you were to have gotten the 100k Amex platinum offer, what partner would you have transfered it to (assuming you weren't keeping the card open past the 1st year)? I'm sitting on another 100k offer currently valid until June, but I won't use the MR points between now and June 2015. I'll need to "take my best guess" and transfer prior to the next AF, but I'm a bit worried I'll guess incorrectly.

For me, MR's value are twofold.  

One, when necessary, transfer to BA and utilize for domestic fights while using my existing AA for premium cabins.  Two, since I fly to SE Asia a couple of times per year, I find ANA (and Asia Miles) and SQ to have some value for me.  The latter with some excellent premium cabin flights starting at about 90K, and SQ because using it's really the only way to redeem for premium class flights.

In addition, moving forward, I plan to use MR ---> Hawaiian Airlines for flights, now that Barclays is offering a sign up bonus.  It's good for a free flight to Hawaii yearly.

I like to use the flexibility of MR points to augment signing bonuses, such as the ones from Chase's BA and HA.  Given the recent pressure to devalue, I find it prudent to hedge and diversify and have options to redeem the best value for a given route from each respective carrier and FF program.

+1!

If you fly SQ, it's worth transfering points there.  A lot of the premium cabin flights are often waitlisted until the last minute though, so that may be frustrating at times. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.