Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best for Gas purchases

tag
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best for Gas purchases

Just got approved for the platinum card.  9K limit.

Thanks all.

Message 11 of 38
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@scarfa21 wrote:

Just got approved for the platinum card.  9K limit.

Thanks all.

Nice.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently using my Sears card, it's 5% back on gas for the first year.
Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know sears card issued by citi offers 5% on gas and 3% on grocery or dining ( I cant recall)? I just knew about this card today after shopping there.
Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know sears card issued by citi offers 5% on gas and 3% on grocery or dining ( I cant recall)? I just knew about this card today after shopping there.

It does. It is only for the first year, though. 5% Gas 3% Dining 3% Grocery on the first $10,000... Also, offers 2% at Sears and Kmart. 1% on everything else. 

If you shop Sears/Kmart a lot it is a great card. It also offers deferred interest financing.

I am actually really happy with the card. I have had an awesome customer service experience 24/7 customer service if I am not mistaken.

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

My USAA reward plus card gives 5% that card stays in my car.....its my gascard
Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on who is runnning what promo. Amex BP. Disco or my Muphy Card.  (1st Ntl bank)  This summer Murphy  card has been running a 15 cent a gal promo.  Normally they are 5 cents but  few times a year they run the 15 cents. 

Message 17 of 38
happypill
Valued Contributor

Penfed Cash Rewards gives 5% on gas if you have a money market account with them.  This card was available through a backdoor method in January, not sure if you can still get it.

The BofA Cash Rewards gives 5.25% if you have platinum honors preferred rewards.

Message 18 of 38
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure it's worth using a Credit card for gas. .10 extra a.gallon would cancel out any rewards, no?? 🤔🤔🤔

Message 19 of 38
digitek
Established Contributor

It all depends on your own numbers.  Some people hardly spend any money on gas, some spend hundreds a month.  The price of gas isn't really the issue, it's how much do you normally spend on gas, then take 5% of it.  If that 5% is a really small number, then it might not make sense to get a gas card.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.