cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best methods to increase credit score?

tag
megaman1
Regular Contributor

Re: Best methods to increase credit score?

Thanks for your reply! What I'm trying to ask is this:

Say I have a $30 balance when my statement cuts. I'll go into grace period, and I'll pay it off much earlier than the due date. So, I would then have 0 balance. But if I start spending again during my grace period and carry a balance before the due date, would I be charged?.. I'm sorry I'm being confusing.

Message 21 of 23
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

While the first cycle's grace period and the second cycle's charges overlap in time, they are separate universes. They have no bearing on each other. You only carry a balance and accrue interest if you don't pay in full any given statement by its respective due date.

Message 22 of 23
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@megaman1 wrote:

But if I start spending again during my grace period and carry a balance before the due date, would I be charged?

Already answered above but the new charges would fall into the following billing cycle/grace period/due date.  They're not relevant to your prior billing cycle/grace period/due date.

No additional charges will fall into a billing cycle after close.  If you're in the grace period for a billing cycle then charges made during that time will not be added to the closed cycle.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.