cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?

Want to add a third CC and think a Credit Union is a good way to go.Which non military CU would you recommend for good service and high starting limits? I'm in florida but don't mind working with a credit union out of state. Thanks.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?

Any opinions?

Goal 750 Across

Message 2 of 16
pkhuu78
Contributor

Alliant (http://www.alliantcreditunion.org)

......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Message 3 of 16
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

PSECU - if you live in PA.  + you can get EX FICOs.

NCSECU - if you are a state employee in North Carolina.  Can get an EMV debit card.

PenFed - You need really good credit for this card, but the Platinum Rewards is truely elite.

EDIT: sorry... just realized that OP is in Florida.  Try http://www.flcu.org

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Golden1 Credit Union

Digital Federal Credit Union

Patelco Credit Union

These are among the top 50 credit unions by membership and available for anyone to join.

Message 5 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

Want to add a third CC and think a Credit Union is a good way to go.Which non military CU would you recommend for good service and high starting limits? I'm in florida but don't mind working with a credit union out of state. Thanks.

You may want to check out the loophole way of getting in to PSECU.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Would-you-pay-75-bucks-to-join-PSECU/td-p/1610412

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 16
swpopham
Established Contributor

I thought when you got the freedom card you were done for awhile... you haven't even gotten the chase card yet huh? Not being a dick but i would chill for 6 months or so
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 7 of 16
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Would-you-pay-75-bucks-to-join-PSECU/td-p/1610412

Thanks I'll check it out.

Goal 750 Across

Message 8 of 16
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
I thought when you got the freedom card you were done for awhile... you haven't even gotten the chase card yet huh? Not being a dick but i would chill for 6 months or so

No you are not being............... off baseSmiley Happy I'm not apping again until march but nothing wrong with planning ahead. Actually, the planning stage is part of the fun of achieving goals. And no the card is not here yet but has been mailed outSmiley Wink

Goal 750 Across

Message 9 of 16
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

Thanks I'll check it out.

I don't think that loophole is valid.   I got into PSECU without being a state-resident, but thats because I have a PA driver's license.  I called and asked about this before applying for membership and was told to fill out the application using a PA address (I used the address of family currently living in PA).  They wouldn't have told me to apply this way if they were just going to let any out-of-staters in.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.