Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?

Want to add a third CC and think a Credit Union is a good way to go.Which non military CU would you recommend for good service and high starting limits? I'm in florida but don't mind working with a credit union out of state. Thanks.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?

Any opinions?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Contributor
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎12-08-2011
0

Re: Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?

Alliant (http://www.alliantcreditunion.org)


......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,111
Registered: ‎07-29-2011
0

Re: Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?

[ Edited ]

 

PSECU - if you live in PA.  + you can get EX FICOs.

NCSECU - if you are a state employee in North Carolina.  Can get an EMV debit card.

PenFed - You need really good credit for this card, but the Platinum Rewards is truely elite.

 

EDIT: sorry... just realized that OP is in Florida.  Try http://www.flcu.org

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Valued Member
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎03-04-2012
0

Re: Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?

The Golden1 Credit Union

 

Digital Federal Credit Union

 

Patelco Credit Union

 

These are among the top 50 credit unions by membership and available for anyone to join.

No interest in low interest rate credit cards?
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?


MountainHiker wrote:

Want to add a third CC and think a Credit Union is a good way to go.Which non military CU would you recommend for good service and high starting limits? I'm in florida but don't mind working with a credit union out of state. Thanks.


You may want to check out the loophole way of getting in to PSECU.

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Would-you-pay-75-bucks-to-join-PSECU/td-p/1610412

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 554
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
0

Re: Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?

I thought when you got the freedom card you were done for awhile... you haven't even gotten the chase card yet huh? Not being a dick but i would chill for 6 months or so
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?


LS2982 wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

Want to add a third CC and think a Credit Union is a good way to go.Which non military CU would you recommend for good service and high starting limits? I'm in florida but don't mind working with a credit union out of state. Thanks.


You may want to check out the loophole way of getting in to PSECU.

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Would-you-pay-75-bucks-to-join-PSECU/td-p/1610412

 


Thanks I'll check it out.

 

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?


swpopham wrote:
I thought when you got the freedom card you were done for awhile... you haven't even gotten the chase card yet huh? Not being a dick but i would chill for 6 months or so

No you are not being............... off base:smileyhappy: I'm not apping again until march but nothing wrong with planning ahead. Actually, the planning stage is part of the fun of achieving goals. And no the card is not here yet but has been mailed out:smileywink:

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,111
Registered: ‎07-29-2011
0

Re: Best non-military CU, CC with high limits?


MountainHiker wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

Want to add a third CC and think a Credit Union is a good way to go.Which non military CU would you recommend for good service and high starting limits? I'm in florida but don't mind working with a credit union out of state. Thanks.


You may want to check out the loophole way of getting in to PSECU.

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Would-you-pay-75-bucks-to-join-PSECU/td-p/1610412

 


Thanks I'll check it out.

 


I don't think that loophole is valid.   I got into PSECU without being a state-resident, but thats because I have a PA driver's license.  I called and asked about this before applying for membership and was told to fill out the application using a PA address (I used the address of family currently living in PA).  They wouldn't have told me to apply this way if they were just going to let any out-of-staters in.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.