Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best payment methods/techniques on Chase freedom card to get high CLI

tag
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: Best payment methods/techniques on Chase freedom card to get high CLI

I'm not concern about getting the bonus really. I'm more concerned with locking down a payment amount to potentially get serious considerations from Chase for high auto CLIs
769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 11 of 16
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@Ysettle4 wrote:
I'm not concern about getting the bonus really. I'm more concerned with locking down a payment amount to potentially get serious considerations from Chase for high auto CLIs

Huh?  A Bonus is a sure thing so long as you meet their criteria (CSP adds up to about $500 in bonus I think).  A auto CLI from Chase OTOH is completely at their discretion and there really is no "method" for obtaining one other than using the card regularly and PIF or keeping balances relatively low.  Don't leave money on the table...

Go for the sure thing!!!

Message 12 of 16
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

You're thinking that you can't obtain both, the Bonus and auto cli. You can, one doesn't intervene with the other. That bonus is considered one of the most competitive and beneficial bonuses currently offered in the CC world. I wouldn't miss out on that. If need me spend $1000 on the CSP monthly for the next 3 months and PIF. I don't recommend running up that balance and paying minimum as those interest rates will not be soothing one bit. Chase will consider you for the auto cli whether or not you got the bonus. Don't max out the card and don't pay late. Try to perhaps PIF, maybe chase would rather see you can PIF every month rather than see that you probably aren't able to afford what you're spending. Which I'm sure you can.
Message 13 of 16
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Ysettle4 wrote:

---
Huh? A Bonus is a sure thing so long as you meet their criteria (CSP adds up to about $500 in bonus I think). A auto CLI from Chase OTOH is completely at their discretion and there really is no "method" for obtaining one other than using the card regularly and PIF or keeping balances relatively low. Don't leave money on the table...

Go for the sure thing!!!
----
+1

You cannot leave that bonus on the table. It's one of the best benefits of the card.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 14 of 16
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

No. Makes sense. Definitely not leaving that bonus on the table as I'll plan making the CSP my every expense card now

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 15 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

@Ysettle4 wrote:

History: Recently approved for the chase freedom card with a $3K limit and a few days later, a sapphire preferred with a $5K limit. Just did a recon on the CSP with 2 weeks of getting approved and got it increased to $6K.

So far, I've run up the freedom card to a balance of $680 and the statement closing date is Sept 4th.I made a payment of $150 so far. However, by the time the 2nd statement is cut for the cloing date of Oct 4th, that balance will be $1,900 and I plan on bringing usage to a hault. Without PIF each month, what payment amounts would be considered good and to a point where chase would consider a higher auto CLI, if any vs. a lower auto CLI??

This is my first chase card so I'd like to get the relationship kicked off on the right foot.

I got the freedom card over a year ago. My initial line was 3k. I used it heavily when I first got it. Maxing out the line like twice a cycle and PIF. After 2-3 months I got bumped up to 3.7k. I don't focus a lot of spending on that card anymore, since I have a lot of signup offers I need to meet. Its just not worth it for the possibility of a credit line increase. If that's the only card your going to use then I would recommend running has much spend through as possible and PIF each month. Since I don't anticipate further auto CLIs on my freedom (most of my chase spend goes on my CSP) my likely route will be when I pick up a chase co-branded card that does not have a non-Af version and then decide to close it later on to transfer the credit line on the co-branded card over to my freedom at that point . 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.